New Everton Stadium Discussion

Cos they are going to cull 2 grounds from the 3.

Ergo, Manchester or Liverpool.

DO they have to use the crap grounds in North East & Brum though?

I understand spreading it out but what's the point when it's also in Scotland (newcastle should be with them imo) Wales, and the Irelands.

The thing is though, it will be either no stadium in Liverpool, or no stadium in Manchester.

Being (very) biased, a finished BMD trumps both Manc grounds, capacity notwithstanding. Both city's are genuine football heartlands, transport, hotels, that stuff, is a flip of a coin. Or will be given time.

Unless Utd spend a bomb at OT (ok mate), it will still be a dump. Compared to BMD. So I reckon it will be either us or City. And save for a few thousand seats, BMD should win hands down.
I cant see the north west getting one slot.

The midlands will get a slot with Villa Park the only real contender; the 'celtic' nations will get their venue each: Hampden, Croke Park, Millenium Stadium, and London will get 2 venues in the final 10 - probably Wembley and the Spurs ground. You could even say the north east will get one to be geographically fair: St James Park.

That's seven you'd pretty much expect, I suppose. The north west will easily get 2 of those last 3 slots...maybe even all 3. That's how I'd read it.

No way Belfast, West Ham, The Aviva or Sunderland's ground will get a look in IMO.

The Liverpool venue is a shoo-in I would say.

EDIT:

given that Ireland are joint bidders maybe the Aviva will get a place also.

DO they have to use the crap grounds in North East & Brum though?

I understand spreading it out but what's the point when it's also in Scotland (newcastle should be with them imo) Wales, and the Irelands.

No idea if the HAVE to. But thats what the horse trading has thrown up. 4 FA's making a compromise. Its basically, in England, London, Birmingham, the NW and the NE, for 8 grounds. 7 really, cos Wembley is obvs.

I cant see the north west getting one slot.

The midlands will get a slot with Villa Park the only real contender; the 'celtic' nations will get their venue each: Hampden, Croke Park, Millenium Stadium, and London will get 2 venues in the final 10 - probably Wembley and the Spurs ground. You could even say the north east will get one to be geographically fair: St James Park.

That's seven you'd pretty much expect, I suppose. The north west will easily get 2 of those last 3 slots...maybe even all 3. That's how I'd read it.

No way Belfast, West Ham, The Aviva or Sunderland's ground will get a look in IMO.

The Liverpool venue is a shoo-in I would say.

EDIT:

given that Ireland are joint bidders maybe the Aviva will get a place also.

Dont disagree, but the list said 4 grounds chopped. One between Spurs and WH. One from SJP and SOL, one from Villa and someone else, and 2 from the Mancs and BMD.

Dont disagree, but the list said 4 grounds chopped. One between Spurs and WH. One from SJP and SOL, one from Villa and someone else, and 2 from the Mancs and BMD.
Maybe.

All 3 Irish stadiums could get the nod given that it's a British-Irish bid.

I'd strongly fancy Everton's new stadium to be one of the ten successful bidders.

Both crap grounds tbh. Goodison is only good for nostalgia nowadays.
Goodison Park for me is still one of the best grounds around. It is Everton F.C. and I was fortunate to be born , raised and schooled in its glorious shadow.
In truth I mourn the loss of the old grounds and not one of the new grounds I have visited matches the atmosphere and sense of occasion it’s forbears possessed.
I hope and believe Bramley- Moore will be a massive success but I know in the time left to me it will never replace Goodison in my heart.

O
I just cant see two stadiums in one provincial city getting the nod. That's why Everton's has been declared the preferred city of Liverpool bidder.
We'll be selected. Odds-on. In the end, there will have to be one stadium in Dublin, Belfast, Cardiff, and Glasgow. There will have to be two in London - Wembley and Spurs. For provincial spread, there will be stadiums in Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, and Newcastle. That's 10. There's even a possibility after selection that they add one or even two more. But if there are only to be 10, we'll be one of them. Say what you like about Moshiri, but if we host European Championship matches in that new stadium, he will have achieved something that restores the historic lustre to our club.

The thing is that London serves a population more than double the whole of Ireland. Twickenham and Wembley aren't that close in the grand scheme of things, you wouldn't want to walk it, where you can between the stadiums in Dublin.

Anfield couldn't be considered as the pitch size is not adequate for an international tournament. Although that should be something they could correct when they build the lower section of their new stand if they wanted to.

To be fair though London has way more stadiums then those two, so it’s prob a fair distribution to scale. I wouldn’t walk from Croke Park from Landsdowne, I mean you can, but it would be in and around an hour so you wouldn’t bother.

That and Landsdowne houses Rugby and Football, so be like Twikenham hosting England Rugby and Football. Galiec games as above need a far bigger pitch then rugby or football, Gailec football or Hurling wouldn’t fit into Landsdowne. Like trying to put a cricket pitch in Wembley.