Do you want Frank Lampard sacked? Yes or No?

Do you want Lampard sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 173 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 658 79.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. With Benitez it wasn’t even really a split, the people that were “behind” him only tolerated him because there was little else to do, as soon as things started to go wrong everyone just jumped over to the “out” side. With Martinez it would be actual bedlam among the fanbase, there is no universe in which that appointment works, it would completely end the club as we know it.

Which is why he needs a club job somewhere else, after the World Cup pronto, as you wouldn`t put it past a misty eyed Kenwright, talking him up to the idiot Moshiri.

Martinez proved at both Everton and Belgium that he is a poor manager and if I was to sum him up in one word it would be deluded.

I'd still have him over Lampard though, but there are much better options out there.
He has been fine for Belgium.

He may also have learnt something over the years, he is still a fairly young manager.

But regardless, never go back.

He may also have learnt something over the years, he is still a fairly young manager.

He’s won nothing, with one of the most talented group of players to ever grace international footy.

How can that be seen as anything other than abject failure ???

Moshiri is a very rich man, like most very rich men he has a massive ego and holds grudges against anybody whom he feels, rightly or wrongly, to have disrespected him. Martinez', very publicly, took the club to court after Moshiri, rightly, sacked him and he got several millions of Moshiris pounds as a reward for failing to deliver in his job for nearly two seasons.

These facts, along with the fact that he is just not a good enough manager to take on this job make it very improbable, in my opinion, that Martinez will return here while Moshiri is the owner. For the record, not reappointing Martinez would be one of the few football related decisions that the Iranian Lunatic has made in his time here, that I would wholeheartedly agree with.

He’s won nothing, with one of the most talented group of players to ever grace international footy.

How can that be seen as anything other than abject failure ???
He has been at 3 tournaments (this being his third). There are other talented groups of players who also want to win things!

It's not even Belgium's best ever team for me. Loads of talent but some glaring holes too, especially in defence. I would say the team of the mid early to mid 80's was better.

Realistically though anyone managing at International level in their prime is probably not very good.

Do you know how many times I've heard that in the last 30 years...

The song remains the same.
? true.

That’s why I threw in a ‘potentially’.

It just seems different this time. Maybe it’s the people at the top showing nothing but poor judgement and poor decision making or maybe it’s the fact we just managed to escape last season by the skin of our teeth.

Ah well, what will be will be… in February there’s going to be a lot of “looking back with the benefit of hindsight” on here.

I don't agree - the players were fine... he isn't. The game that just finished showed all his old defensive frailty's. Yes i know they're an aging backline in some cases, but whilst Canada work hard etc... its chuffing Canada... lucky old Belgium, lucky old Martinez.

i do hope he is nowhere near the managers job here at Everton.

It's beyond me how he hasn't won something with that team... oh wait, no it isn't..! The Martinez effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.