2022/23 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be there hours arguing this one, as he is another who we should have never have signed.
Add Tosun to that as well, Jesus I can't believe I have watched these 3 in the last 2/3 years.

Who signs the cheques off for players like these
For Tosun, Moshiri apparently...he saw him have a good game once*
And Rondon ? That was Moshiri backing Benitez probably.

Edit;
* same for Walcott and Iwobi

Your point was that the poster has nothing good to say about Everton.

Neither do I, the fact that getting rid of Rondon 6months early is considered a plus just makes me even sadder.

Rondon is clearly the 1 who made this happen, so I dont see why we should priase Kopite Kev.
I think Salomon’s agent made this possible while netting a nice little earner for both of them.

He was decent for West Brom and Newcastle (generally had a 1 in 3 prem scoring record for both) but well past his sell by date here.

Like others have said Brentford should've been the end but I guess the botched transfer window for strikers meant he had to be held on as cover. Assume the plan was to let him go with Allan.

Attack does feel very light over xmas period and must win home games. Yet again in situation of crossing fingers DCL dosen't pick up yet another injury starting every 3 days, I assume he's over his latest injury now for Lampard to give the go ahead.

It seemed like he was well thought of at the club, it's just a shame that he has the athleticism of a panda wearing weighted clothes. Anyways, all the best to him and hopefully the freed up wages are put to good use in January.

….i suspect this deal is very much in Rondon’s financial interest. i’d be very surprised if he’s leaving without a golden handshake & I’d be even more surprised if he’s not lined up a very lucrative ‘Bosman’ and fancy contract somewhere. I doubt we’ll see him signing for Tranmere just to get a game.

The trick is moving players on with a financial package that appeals to them, & I imagine that’s what’s happened here.
Yup, no doubt. He'll have gotten an upfront pay off, we'll have saved some cash on what would have been owed to him, and it frees up space in the squad so everyone wins. This time next week he'll be at Al-Kebab in UAE or somewhere instead of freezing at FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.