Graeme Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really should have turned up to the last game - not being funny but as if anyone in their right mind would physically assault Graeme Sharp at Goodison Park.

He’ll get stick at the next game he attends but he’s brought that on himself.
In the Frank Lampard thread there is a poster referring to Graeme Sharp as 'vermin' and 'scum', but maybe that's just a bit of 'stick'.

COYB!

John.

Sharp missed a huge trick in not positioning himself as the honest broker on the board. He could have been the counduit between the fans and the decision makers, but chose to be a lackey.

A great player in his position should only have accepted a role on the board in two circumstances:

1. If he was given Chief Executive power, or
2. If he was to be a figurehead or totem of tradition, the soul of the board, basically

So, you can either be Karl-Heinz Rummenigge or Bobby Charlton - but you can't be a pet.

B
Good man, none of this is his fault
not turning up last week and yesterday’s statement has done him no favours . I loved the bloke but if people are going to call out moshiri and/or Kenwright then I can understand how he’d be given a free pass . If the others aren’t an issue then fair enough.

I find it mad anyone can differentiate , and I know you already do so no need for us to debate that further mate .

In the Frank Lampard thread there is a poster referring to Graeme Sharp as 'vermin' and 'scum', but maybe that's just a bit of 'stick'.

COYB!

John.
I’m not particularly comfortable with it but people are angry and it’s not a physical treat it’s , as described , stick . Maybe if the board he’s on hadn’t presided over the collapse of this club then demonised the people who love it people would be less angry .

Cant bring myself to have any negativity toward Sharpey.

Love the man.

Good man, none of this is his fault

The problem, I think, is that the rest of the board is either poor or anonymous.

You wouldn’t expect the ex-player club legend on the board to bear any of the weight of real decision making. Especially on football matters, given his very unspectacular managerial career.

Of course, that raises the question “why is he on the board?” - but I think having him as a symbolic figurehead would be fine, if the rest of the board were competent and performing.

Because they aren’t, and because there is the whiff of cushy jobs for the boys at EFC, eyes are on him.

His comments also further suggest to me he’s not qualified for the position. They were tone-deaf to the current situation.

But I don’t bear the man any ill will. He is a club legend, he’s just been promoted beyond his capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.