The Everton Board Thread

Most prominently, this is a breakdown of corporate governance and oversight.

The Chairman and board have failed singularly and spectacularly in that respect.

The time for a "strategic review" was when Koeman was sacked.

Even though things temporarily improved under other managers, the clearly flawed processes should have been questioned then, and a different course taken.

It's easy to say of course, but these things would be addressed under competent management.

Once that point passed, nobody was going to challenge the status quo of a board they were part of.

It was a red flag from day one of course that Kenwright and Co. were not fired from a rocket.

I spoke to someone last week who reckons we’re going into administration anyway regardless whether we go down or stay up? No idea how true that is. Would go a long way to explain why we’ve just sold an asset for £40m and not spent a penny to replace him though.
I fear that not only are the day to day finances beyond salvaging but that there also are some very serious financial black holes in there that will only be uncovered post a sale or insolvency and the receivers go in.

The fact that one individual has been on the board uninterrupted through the 30 year decline would be a red flag to either a new owner or for an insolvency practioner to begin their trawl of the accounts.

Would you support a joint protest with Liverpool fans for the derby? Seen some of theirs calling for this with it being their next home game. They're not happy with their ownership at all and the way they're being run.

As amusing as it has been watching their decline, it can't be good for the city having both its football clubs go down the pan at the same time.

They don't know they are born that lot.

I’d take all of what he said with a pinch of salt. He also has complete faith in the board before stepping in and taking more control and being more visible and said about bringing a striker in before selling one of our few forwards and not replacing him.

He will sell in a heartbeat if anyone put an offer in that minimised his losses.

Would any new owner agree to him/the club offering obligation to buy deals for the summer though ? Any new owner coming in wants a clean slate whereas we were offering clubs like Watford £30 millions in the summer for Sarr. That suggests to me that Moshiri will still be around come then to stump the money up for that deal.

Richard Keys reckons we're up for sale - but I dont see why he would sell us now when his investment doubles 2 years from now when the stadiums built.

The worry for me with this MSD Capital group is that you look at the clubs they own stakes in across Europe and none of them have had an injection of cash or won anything of note. Throw in Moshiri's comments on needing an investor to help fund the final stages of the stadium I fear the following will happen:

1.Yanks buy a stake in the club
2. Put money into the stadium but not investment in the squad
3. They sacrifice a DBB or Sharp and install one of their goons on the board to pacify the fanbase
4. We have Moshiri/BK/MSD grouping for a few years (with power struggles judging by the reputation of this US Group) whilst the fans are stuck in the middle.

We need proper investment not a Planet Hollywood style investor happy to sit on their shares for a few years in order to make a profit on any future sale.

Multiple managers sacked for poor performance.

When will the board apply this standard to themselves?
When will Farhad apt this standard to the board.

I hope to hell Sean can get something of a battling nature out of this group. It's all we have left to cling to.

I don't think they actually tried to sign anyone

They're happy for us to go down

I actually think they see it as something the fan base deserves. Like they're punishing us by deliberately getting the club relegated

"This is what happens when you misbehave"
I said this yesterday, because they will swan off into the sun once we’re relegated.

And us fans will be there regardless as always.

I hope every last one of them has been to Goodison for the last time because there is no way they can go back now.

Bills an old man with poor health.
Denise is only there because of Bill.
Mosh wants to cash in his chips.

It will eventually end, we will recover.

How long? When? Who knows.

We probably won't ever be one of the elite half dozen again, but that ship sailed in '92.

With the huge chasm in resources that the now top seven clubs have, I don't think it will ever be possible to recover organically to a position where we can be amongst them.

I almost wanted the European Super League to progress, just to have done with it.

We can recover of course, but the ceiling is there, and that's the case with or without relegation, though the latter is still a disaster in every sense.

We need the equivalent of a sovereign-state takeover now to have a chance of competing at the top-level, and the field is full to bursting.

Stadium or not, we aren't going to gain the level of attractiveness required for a takeover that would offer the chance of significant progress.

But I would happy settle for competence. Being run by business and commercial professionals. Now, that would be something.

Time to turn up the heat on the Iranian lunatic now. Don't let up on the board either, Kenwright is an absolute disease around this club, serial liar and bull shipper extraordinaire. But Moshiri is even worse, time to let him know that he would be better off cutting his losses, rather than holding out for the stadium to be finished.