The Everton Board Thread

Probably gambling both ways. The 40 mil for Gordon the 28 mil for kean in the summer. Probably keeps away from any FFP punishment even if we go down. Can’t be certain of course.
I think the football league rules are vastly more stringent and with much tighter budgets etc. if we were flouting PL rules, we are massively flouting FL rules.

And they have been more than happy to stick sanctions in. If we get relegated, the PL have no need to punish, but next season becomes immediately more difficult to make our funds fit the new rules.

I think they are gambling, if we stay up the 40 mil plus the Qatar investment will give us money for next season.. big gamble though

I think the window pointed towards two things:

1. The club were cautious of adding even more to our bloated wage bill / spending the Gordon money at a time of them needing the accounts to look as healthy as possible to potential investors such as the Yank group.

2. Moshiri is only looking for investment not a sale as he stated in his interview with Jazzy Jazz - offering obligation to buy deals for the summer likely do not happen if there is talks for a complete sale.

It will be horrible when it happens, but I don't fear relegation anymore. We are in a cycle of terminal decline and something needs to change.

I hope we stay up, but maybe we don't deserve to survive. If it happens, the club will go on, and we have to make the best of a terrible situation. Rebuilding in the championship will be a long and painful journey, but at least there would be some possibility of moving forward once this board and owner have gone.

1. That club were cautious of adding even more to our bloated wage bill / spending the Gordon money at a time of them needing the accounts to look as healthy as possible to potential investors such as the Yank group.

2. Moshiri is only looking for investment not a sale as he stated in his interview with Jazzy Jazz - offering obligation to buy deals for the summer likely do not happen if there is talks for a complete sale.

no no. my moshiri theory is correct

go and look mate

I think the football league rules are vastly more stringent and with much tighter budgets etc. if we were flouting PL rules, we are massively flouting FL rules.

And they have been more than happy to stick sanctions in. If we get relegated, the PL have no need to punish, but next season becomes immediately more difficult to make our funds fit the new rules.
Would you know what would happen then when we sell are main assets. For example dom would go and we make profit on him, Pickford would go, onana would go and a few others. Would we have money to spend to a build a team that could come straight back up?

Would you know what would happen then when we sell are main assets. For example dom would go and we make profit on him, Pickford would go, onana would go and a few others. Would we have money to spend to a build a team that could come straight back up?
No idea. I hope so.

1. The club were cautious of adding even more to our bloated wage bill / spending the Gordon money at a time of them needing the accounts to look as healthy as possible to potential investors such as the Yank group.

I’d take all of what he said with a pinch of salt. He also has complete faith in the board before stepping in and taking more control and being more visible and said about bringing a striker in before selling one of our few forwards and not replacing him.

He will sell in a heartbeat if anyone put an offer in that minimised his losses.

In that instance, Dyche will have earnt the contract we gave him.

If we go down, we lose Pickford and onana, but Dyche is then best placed to bring us back up because ultimately it’s not his fault we have been relegated (unless we become even more abject under him).

Either way, excellent planning by Moshiri. Good work by our esteemed owner.
We will have to sell a lot more than just pickford and onana..apparently we will need to find another 100 million from somewhere so that we don't get punished. That's on top of the sale of Gordon and kean...