Votes: 21 9.4%
  • Hero

Votes: 66 29.5%
  • Rat

Votes: 131 58.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony is, he was "placed" on the board because the fans complained about the make up of the board, so they changed it, and now they are moaning because they apparently never listen to fans. The fans also disagreed with Brands being on the board, and ive since seen people (Toffee TV) arguing that Thelwel should be if he is to be able to fulfil his duties as a DOF correctly, and the fact that he isnt is a basic mistake.

In the time since Moshiri has been here, i think we mustve had 9 or 10 different board members. The main problem, and its a big 1, is that people dont like Kenwright being involved. Ive never been his biggest fan, but the agenda to have him removed has been going for almost his entire tenure, and preceeded Moshiri taking over by more than a decade.

We have failed on the pitch, its impossible to deny, but surely people cannot genuinely say that there havent been some improvements in the last few years? A new stadium shaped improvement that is getting bigger and better each passing week is proof of 1 if them.

We have appointed several managers, basically 1 every year, including Carlo Ancelotti, and backed the majority of them with money. Money we mostly wasted granted, but wasted in attempts to make leaps forward that we all wanted.

We have tried, and tried, and tried, and that may well point to mismanagement, but there have also been some rather large extenuating circumstances, as well as some genuine naivety.

None of us genuinely know what is happening behind the scenes, so lots of assumptions are made based on lots of hindsight. And that has led to the situation we see ourselves in now, where fans are protesting that the results of the attempts have not been good enough. And fair enough, our fans are upset that it hasnt worked, and passionate about the club that they love.

But singling people out as being rats based on what boils down to assumptions of what they believe has happened, and personal relationships that they have built in process, is unnecessary.

You can ask for change and improvement without the hostility.

Considering the big key word that most of these people call for is "communication", you would assume this would be obvious.

Apparently not.
He was placed on the board cos he’s kenwrights mate as if any Evertonian was askin for him to be on the board hahahaha

The irony is, he was "placed" on the board because the fans complained about the make up of the board, so they changed it, and now they are moaning because they apparently never listen to fans. The fans also disagreed with Brands being on the board, and ive since seen people (Toffee TV) arguing that Thelwel should be if he is to be able to fulfil his duties as a DOF correctly, and the fact that he isnt is a basic mistake.

In the time since Moshiri has been here, i think we mustve had 9 or 10 different board members. The main problem, and its a big 1, is that people dont like Kenwright being involved. Ive never been his biggest fan, but the agenda to have him removed has been going for almost his entire tenure, and preceeded Moshiri taking over by more than a decade.

We have failed on the pitch, its impossible to deny, but surely people cannot genuinely say that there havent been some improvements in the last few years? A new stadium shaped improvement that is getting bigger and better each passing week is proof of 1 if them.

We have appointed several managers, basically 1 every year, including Carlo Ancelotti, and backed the majority of them with money. Money we mostly wasted granted, but wasted in attempts to make leaps forward that we all wanted.

We have tried, and tried, and tried, and that may well point to mismanagement, but there have also been some rather large extenuating circumstances, as well as some genuine naivety.

None of us genuinely know what is happening behind the scenes, so lots of assumptions are made based on lots of hindsight. And that has led to the situation we see ourselves in now, where fans are protesting that the results of the attempts have not been good enough. And fair enough, our fans are upset that it hasnt worked, and passionate about the club that they love.

But singling people out as being rats based on what boils down to assumptions of what they believe has happened, and personal relationships that they have built in process, is unnecessary.

You can ask for change and improvement without the hostility.

Considering the big key word that most of these people call for is "communication", you would assume this would be obvious.

Apparently not.

Name the 9 or 10 board members we've had under Moshiri

In your own time

Edit - I'll even go to bed to give you the time to Google them all. Once you've googled them all, I'll let you explain the job each of them and the expertise they bring/brought to Everton Football Club

Name the 9 or 10 board members we've had under Moshiri

In your own time
Kenwright (Chairman)
Moshiri (Owner)
Wood
Elstone (CE)
DBB (CE)
Sasha Ryazantsev (finance)
Savar Ismailov
Graeme Sharp
Grant Ingles (finance)
Marcel Brands (DOF)

Edit in response to your edit:
I named 10, i know all of their roles but added where i could, hope that's ok. Not googled either.

I couldnt recall if Chong had been appointed or not.

Last edited:

Kenwright
Moshiri
Wood
Elstone
DBB
Sasha Ryazantsev
Savar Ismailov
Graeme Sharp
Grant Ingles
Marcel Brands

Also Kev me old mucker, old buddy old pal, I think it's really neither here nor there when blagging as if Wood or Elstone played any part on the board under Moshiris watch. Wood sold his shares as soon as the opportunity came up to and Elstone swanned off to the Rugby.

I can send you a link if you want @Kever10
Old buddy old pal if you need to see that the current board members are Kenwright, Baxendale, Graeme and Ingles.

Just in case your struggling with the fact that Moshiri is not on the board and is the owner.

Has he refused though? He should of been there, he has earned the right, and we should be doing everything we can to make him welcome, its a real black mark against the fans treating one of our greatest living legends like this
Sorry, you totally lost me there.
So you think he wasn't there the last 2 home games because the fans have refused him entry, or something along those lines.
He made his decision himself and refused to attend
He has chosen the board over the club, It's as simple as that...

Sue Perb Kev

Now do you think there is a difference between all of them and Kenwright.

Just so you know as well Kev, Moshiri isn't on the board.
Fair enough.

And as you rightly pointed out, im not Bill. I am not a fan of his.

The irony is, all the years hes been involved, he never had any money. He sold his shares to Moshiri, so he is the richest hes ever been.

I am 100% behind him relinquishing his control, but the i think Moshiri gets a raw deal, for basically being ambitious, trusting, and seemingly having more money than sense.

I dont know much about DBB, but she seems to get a lot of unfair stick as well.

My point is, all of this misplaced anger at everyone related to the club is all based on a dislike for Kenwright, which i understand. And maybe Sharp is a yes man. But they are also going to have a personal relationship that none of us have with him. I think its unfair to just expect everyone to dislike Kenwright because we do.

P. S. I am also not Moshiri or Denise either, but i did have my picture taken with David Unsworth once.

Nah.

Still a legend for me.

If for no better reason than I had £50 on him to score the first goal in the F.A. Cup Final of 1984 :dance:

Then there was the goal he scored against Spurs circa 1981.

And THAT goal in the Anfield derby in the autumn of 1984 ;)

Fair enough.

And as you rightly pointed out, im not Bill. I am not a fan of his.

The irony is, all the years hes been involved, he never had any money. He sold his shares to Moshiri, so he is the richest hes ever been.

I am 100% behind him relinquishing his control, but the i think Moshiri gets a raw deal, for basically being ambitious, trusting, and seemingly having more money than sense.

I dont know much about DBB, but she seems to get a lot of unfair stick as well.

My point is, all of this misplaced anger at everyone related to the club is all based on a dislike for Kenwright, which i understand. And maybe Sharp is a yes man. But they are also going to have a personal relationship that none of us have with him. I think its unfair to just expect everyone to dislike Kenwright because we do.

P. S. I am also not Moshiri or Denise either, but i did have my picture taken with David Unsworth once.
Your point is pointless because you don't even understand the point anyone else is trying to make.

The board (just so you know Kev, that includes Kenwright, Baxendale, Sharp and Ingles) aren't fit for purpose

The owner (that's Moshiri) isn't fit for purpose

The DoF (dim Kev but not you Kev) isn't fit for purpose

It's very simple to understand the frustration when the above is simplified because none of them are fit for purpose (thats why we are in the relegation zone after years of neglect and gross mismanagement)

I know your not Moshiri or Denise and well done on getting a photo with Unsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.