2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Echoes of inchy. Loved it.
Oh I hope you're only referring in terms of business. Inchy was a hell of a player. I think people forget hoe prolific he was in the first half of the 84/85 season and even when he camac back the following season. Bagged a fir few goals and even when played in midfield created massive problems for opposition. We tend to think of 85/86 as being all Sharp and Lineker but Heath contributed a lot that season too and again the following season helping us win the league again. I have a lot of Everton heros - many of them dating back to the mid 80s but Inchy always holds a really special place in my ratings. My first ever favourite player.

No for me, could have given away a penalty which whilst it would have been soft was hugely unnecessary of him.
Every attack broke down the second he came involved. Would rather play Simms.
It was good to see him in full spoiling mode, but I largely agree with you.

I wonder what Dyche made of it. I was a bit shocked when he came on because of how we’d setup with Dom as a pure target man. Maupay was never going to be able to step into that role.

Like you, I’m certain Simms would’ve been a better option, purely because of his build. He wouldn’t need to feel the pressure of having to get on the scoresheet, just make the ball stick once in a while.

Look, I get it. Brings some snide. S-housery. Fine.

But I don't want us to be associated with those antics like the nonsense he pulled on Zinchenko. Bush league.

Just reeks of dire small club buffoonery

If it helps us scrape a point in our situation here and there, fine. But it shouldn't be the standard we aspire to
Settle down Oleksandr.

Don't see a role for him, although I suppose if we go 4-4-2 at home against some bottom half teams he could play the 2nd striker role. However if we're playing 4-4-1-1 it should be DCL and Simms.

Exactly this.

Our strategy fell apart when he came on. Also, it was so frustrating to see him on the floor in the middle of the pitch trying to con the ref while we were attacking. Get up and contribute FFS!

Although it was satisfying to see him waste time when we needed it.
He'd seen the ref buy every act from them, so tried to get in on the same. Wrong shirt wrong badge Maups, but for being instrumental in their only booking, I say 'fair do's'!

There is no evidence that simms is better than him

He has scored 10/8/8 goals in this three years in the prem with Brighton, 25 goals in his last season in the championship.

It takes players a while to settle into new clubs, new systems - god knows it takes even longer at this circus show where he has been played here and there and in a lopsided system .

We should have learnt with Iwobi, McNeill now that some players just take a bit of time and you can’t count them out too early.

He has a big part to play this year - could be the one who scores a couple of vital goals at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.