2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appalling manager. Knew he was undesirable and nobody else had wanted him before us, but he's surprised me at how bad he is. No intention of winning games and has a strange confidence that not only will we manage one more victory, but that at least two of our rivals will lose all of their games. Very doubtful.

…I have to admit to not thinking about substitutions those last 15mins or so. I can see why some posters think it might have made a difference from an attacking perspective but it carries risk going the other way. Bringing Iwobi off, for example, would’ve involved a whole new right side.

Had we been trailing, then the defensive risk is worth taking but the game was so finely balanced. I know I’m in a minority but substitutions we’re not in my mind.
I think doucore looked shattered long before the last 15 and I appreciate he was still dangerous . I also would agree with your point a lot more comfortably in the majority of the season but with the games we’ve got left I think a sub could have changed it in our way & that could have been massive .

I tend to think that dyche thinks we’ll be in this position with two games left and will need the points from wolves & Bournemouth . It feels like a hell of a risk but it seems that’s his plan and a lot of it is based on those around us not getting points whilst we eke out a draw here and there .

What are you talking about??? It was one of the best performances of the season by and large.

Their keeper made 6 great saves last night and the game was finely balanced.
Reading all these megative comments am wondering who people think would have come in and turn us in to this wonder team they all think we are just waiting to become.

Reading all these megative comments am wondering who people think would have come in and turn us in to this wonder team they all think we are just waiting to become.
We don't need a wonder team. We just need this gravelly voiced freak to act on what was advertised. He says he makes a team solid to grind out results. We've conceded 20 goals in our last 10 games.

So sick of this "oh well who can do better then", plenty of managers can. Dyche is woeful, and there's a reason why the only board clueless enough to give him a chance is the clowns at this club.

We need to win games, but he is suffocating us with his indecision, blind spots for crap players and cowardly management

We don't need a wonder team. We just need this gravelly voiced freak to act on what was advertised. He says he makes a team solid to grind out results. We've conceded 20 goals in our last 10 games.

So sick of this "oh well who can do better then", plenty of managers can. Dyche is woeful, and there's a reason why the only board clueless enough to give him a chance is the clowns at this club.
So who would you have brought in?? Who should we have appointed??? Its a simple question, can you answer it??

What are you talking about??? It was one of the best performances of the season by and large.

Their keeper made 6 great saves last night and the game was finely balanced.
Yes most of that is valid. But and it’s a big but, he didn’t make a single progressive substitution or tactical change to attempt to win that game in last 30 minutes. That’s why it’s fair to say he doesn’t attempt to win games. See also second half against Palace for another example.

If we stay up it won’t be because of this clown it will be because Forest and Leeds are dreadful, the main reason why we are not 1000% fuming at this manager is because Forest were 9 minutes away from getting 3 points on sat, if they hung on then we are basically gone now because he doesn’t make managerial decisions to give us a chance in wining games

Burnley fan here,

Interesting observations regarding Dyche, it would seem that you have him sussed out already.

You have already seen what Dyche offers tactically it will not change, it didn’t with us. In game management is also very poor/non existent, his usual go to is a couple of like for like changes on 80 something minutes. He has his favourites and will not deviate from them unless they are injured or suspended no matter how bad their form is.

On the flip side Dyche is a good man manager and getting a side fit. His first season with us when he took over from Howe wasn’t great, pretty much what you are seeing just now when we finished lower mid table, however once he was afforded a summer to bring in his players it changed. We were the biggest, fittest side in the league and basically bullied teams into submission.

The football has never been great to watch but winning ( not losing ) football is always better than playing neat ineffective football ( Howe style for us )

my personal opinion is that if you afford him time he will put you in a better place and stabilise your club. If you survive this year then you will be ok next, if you are relegated I’d be confident he’d bring you straight back up.

At the point he stabilises your club is the point where you need to move him on and bring in someone more progressive to build upon his foundations.

Best of luck, it’s going to be tight I think you will pull an unexpected shithouse win from somewhere.

Also wouldn’t be surprised ( providing Dyche is still in charge ) if Charlie Taylor joins you on a free in the summer from us.

A proper Dyche player, 6ft left back with a bit of pace and works well with McNeil on the overlap. He’s just not a Kompany type of player at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.