Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leeds United fan TV logic is:

We auto lose vs City.
We lose to Wolves, they have won last 4 at home, and not conceded.
We beat Bournemouth final day
35pts

They lose vs Newcastle.
They beat West Ham away, logic is Moyes will rest players for the Final.
They get a point at home last day.
34pts

They predict Leicester also beat West Ham.
Finish 33pts.

Think they give Forest a point or two.
34pts to 35pts.

Basically they think it goes down to last game. In order for that to happen they're now relying on us not picking up a point until final day.

Personally don't see us losing to Wolves.

This is the point people are missing. There's a reason why you usually need a minimum of 35 points. Teams fight for their lives when they're in relegation danger. Look at us last year, nobody gave us a chance of staying up, including me. Leicester and Leeds could well both win at the weekend, and if we lost we'd be back to 19th place again. We'd still have Wolves and Bournemouth to play, so very much possible to get out of it again, but this isn't over yet.
I honestly don't think anybody is missing that point at all. Anybody who is still looking at/posting in this thread is still concerned about the threat of relegation, and how could they not be? It is worth remembering though that the whole reason our result was a shock is because things like that don't happen very often. Leicester and Leeds might both win at the weekend, but it isn't the most likely scenario, that's pretty much all anyone is saying.

…..as with last weekend, the bookies think us winning is the least likely, indeed we are the same odds as we were to beat Brighton;

Everton 8-1 to beat City
Leeds 7/2 to beat Newcastle
Leicester 4-1 to beat the Reds
Forest 13/2 to beat Arsenal.

I'd take a loss for us, Leicester, Leeds and Forest in our next games.

Two games to go and 2 points ahead of Leicester and Leeds, one point to make up on Forest, and with two games we can get points from.

Sign me up for that.

I can easily see that outcome too.

…..as with last weekend, the bookies think us winning is the least likely, indeed we are the same odds as we were to beat Brighton;

Everton 8-1 to beat City
I take it, that the opposition are Fav's in each game,are they. I rarely look at any betting bar the odd few that get put on here

All this thing about because we beat Brighton - it auto means some other team could do it is way off for me, if they do or dont do it - it is because they can-not because of our result. It's why if it did happen and another surprise result happened from the other few, that i dont get why some fans are making out the City game is a free hit like we will auto still be above te current 18th/19th place - we hopefully will be with a bit of luck but no game 3 games from the end whoever it's against, while we are still so close to bottom 3 can be classed as a free hit. if we lose to City and there is a surprise result, With us playing 1st next week it will bring pressure knowing we are playing catch up again and then if we lost that Wolves game it looks bad
I said it's a free hit because I expected nothing from Brighton so were 3pts up on where I expected us to be. There's no reason we couldn't surprise Wolves too. DCL getting into the groove and Mina replacing Keane is a BIG factor and I really don't see us having to rely on a win on the last day.

I'd take a loss for us, Leicester, Leeds and Forest in our next games.

Two games to go and 2 points ahead of Leicester and Leeds, one point to make up on Forest, and with two games we can get points from.

Sign me up for that.

I can easily see that outcome too.
I would take it but if they all lost and we somehow grabbed a draw. that would be amazing.

If it comes down to the last day, we need to organise a whip round to get some cash to put in a brown paper bag for Neto or Tavers.

It worked last time it came to this

Everton 8-1 to beat City
Admittedly City missed a few against Leeds but they were hanging on for the win in the end. I won't bet on a win because I don't want to jinx us but 8-1 seems extremely generous.

Is the general feeling at LCFC amongst the fans that we’re in the ascendancy of the 4 teams for the 2 remaining relegation spots (I’m not including WHU because I think they’re just over the line)
After your win at Brighton I would say so. We are still looking at your fixtures but personally I think it's 2 of us/Leeds/Forest that will go (counting Southampton as already relegated). I know you've got Man City this weekend but I always thought you'd get 3 points on the last day against Bournemouth.

I don't think we will take anything from our next 2 games (Liverpool, Newcastle) but I don't think Forest (Chelsea, Arsenal) or Leeds (Newcastle, West Ham) will either.

West ham play a huge part in this. Within space of 7 days they play leeds and leicester. Tricky to figure out what west ham turn up. Regardless of what team they put out id fancy not many would want to risk an injury if they are in a final a week later.
Mad that even now down to 3 games left there are so many potential twists and factors still. I really dont fancy west ham on the last game at leicester.
Need something from city and wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.