2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think many of downplaying the challenge of keeping us up.

I think people just know what Sean Dyche as a manager would bring. With Lampard there was an unknown for this season which I why I think people were oaky for him to stay after keeping us up. Sadly it turns out he's actually a pretty dire manager.

How we're playing right now will be exactly how we play next season under Dyche.

Hope that's the case, especially when he's had a fit number 9 in Calvert-Lewin.

More organised and resilient.

What? lol have you not seen how much we're shipping goals.
How many of those are down to the complete ineptitude of some of the players though rather than tactical issues? Most I would say.

Also need to consider that without DCL we've literally had no outlet upfront so when we were getting the ball forward nothing would stick. That in itself brings more pressure on the midfield and defense resulting in more chances conceded.

I think people just know what Sean Dyche as a manager would bring. With Lampard there was an unknown for this season which I why I think people were oaky for him to stay after keeping us up. Sadly it turns out he's actually a pretty dire manager.

How we're playing right now will be exactly how we play next season under Dyche.

In which league we will experience his style of play. That is our bug bear.

So do we think Mr Meat n Potatoes footy will still be here next season?
His wages are that of a starting XI player, and supposedly the contract is fully guaranteed if he is sacked, so I have a hard time seeing Moshiri pulling the trigger in the offseason.

If the club is sold, that might change things.

More organised and resilient.

What? lol have you not seen how much we're shipping goals.
All about balance isnt it. We werent scoring or even creating and we were letting them in. In the main it is difficult for teams to create chances against us. City had one shot in 33 mins. Going forward we now look a threat. Half full or half empty. Take ye pick.

This whole Michael Keane episode has soured my perception of him. The decision to keep playing him despite his glaring errors and despite averaging 2 goals conceded a game could be the decisions that send us down.

I was actually ok with him up until recently but that above and stuff like putting Lonergan on the bench instead of someone like Mills has put me on the fence now.

This whole Michael Keane episode has soured my perception of him. The decision to keep playing him despite his glaring errors and despite averaging 2 goals conceded a game could be the decisions that send us down.

I was actually ok with him up until recently but that above and stuff like putting Lonergan on the bench instead of someone like Mills has put me on the fence now.
It's surely worth noting that we've averaged 2 goals conceded in the games since he's been dropped too, and so it's possible that the idea of him being entirely responsible for everything that was wrong may just have been a little bit silly and childlike in it's simplicity?

His wages are that of a starting XI player, and supposedly the contract is fully guaranteed if he is sacked, so I have a hard time seeing Moshiri pulling the trigger in the offseason.

If the club is sold, that might change things.
I could equally see Dyche doing alright and then Moshiri sacking him totally out the blue and paying Uruguay £50m for Bielsa and giving him a 10 year deal on 3x what our highest paid player is on

In which league though ?

Nah. One of those games was Man City on a title hunt.
Yeah and that obviously skews it but the point still stands generally. Obviously the games Keane was in for include Arsenal away on a title hunt, and the other 2 members of the top 4 but very few people included that as a caveat in the many, many, posts quoting the exact same stat about goals conceded. Similarly the fact that we'd conceded 16 in Coady's last 9 games before Keane came in (assuming we charitably only include league games, otherwise it actually becomes 19 and so more than we did in Keane's 9) was conspicuous by it's absence. Basically, we concede goals whoever is in the centre of defence because the team is absolutely rubbish and replacing one centre half was never going to be anything like the magic bullet that some people wanted to claim it was.

Yeah and that obviously skews it but the point still stands generally. Obviously the games Keane was in for include Arsenal away on a title hunt, and the other 2 members of the top 4 but very few people included that as a caveat in the many, many, posts quoting the exact same stat about goals conceded. Similarly the fact that we'd conceded 16 in Coady's last 9 games before Keane came in (assuming we charitably only include league games, otherwise it actually becomes 19 and so more than we did in Keane's 9) was conspicuous by it's absence. Basically, we concede goals whoever is in the centre of defence because the team is absolutely rubbish and replacing one centre half was never going to be anything like the magic bullet that some people wanted to claim it was.

If we have Mina and Tarkowski for the next two games after that we can infer. All we can (hopefully) agree on was that Keane was in for far too long since Mina has been fit since Dyche arrived he said.

It's surely worth noting that we've averaged 2 goals conceded in the games since he's been dropped too, and so it's possible that the idea of him being entirely responsible for everything that was wrong may just have been a little bit silly and childlike in it's simplicity?
Think anyone who watched Everton under dyche could see where the major problem sat, it was Keane.

We conceded loads prior to Keane your right, that's under a different manager though ( a very bad one )

The coady/tarky partnership had 2 clean sheets in 4 games ( average 1 goal a game conceded ) and conceded 1 at Brighton without him.

I won't count Manchester city because the are the world's best team and it really didn't matter who we had.

I think most people, myself included got angry when he refused to drop Keane after so many bad displays, he came in and dropped coady almost instantly ( he was playing very poorly so desvered dropping ) however Keane was costing us every single week but he played about 12 games straight.

I really think if mina had come in a few weeks prior we'd already be safe now.

Status
Not open for further replies.