2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I actually thought Dyche was right to not be playing Mina at the time (Mina's fitness dodgy, important to build a CB partnership over time) - but both me and Dyche have been proven wrong pretty clearly.

On the first point though, regards Keane not caring about the club - didn't he nearly lose his leg (as in literally amputated) because he played on painkillers for 3 months under Koeman?

He was rushed to a private hospital in Liverpool and put on antibiotics. Initially the swelling continued before finally going down.

“If it had kept going up my leg that’s when it really gets serious — they said if it had got much worse we might have been looking at losing the foot,” Keane added.

Once again Keane was rushed back into action too quickly, popping painkillers and wearing outsized boots after spending just two games on the sidelines.
Time to have him put down by the sound of it.

Hate for Keane is simply because people need an individual scapegoat. They have such a poor level of critical thinking that they simply cannot mentally grasp that there are a multitude of issues underlying why we let so many in.
Doucore getting a silly red card and Onana having some fitness issues here and there didn’t help. Having Iwobi play a hospital ball in the game against Leicester absolutely didn’t help and lost us points. Dom’s goal being flagged offsides for a silly arbitrary ruling against Newcastle completely screwed us over as the game would have been level and we would have been able to defend the point. The biggest problem of all though is having no consistent play from our wingbacks or outlets from them to relieve pressure. Definitely not all down to one player.

Hate for Keane is simply because people need an individual scapegoat. They have such a poor level of critical thinking that they simply cannot mentally grasp that there are a multitude of issues underlying why we let so many in.
Keane is a key contributor to our multitude issues pitch side. We have better centre backs who are similar to him in Tarkowski and Coady, he cannot partner either of these two. They all lack pace just latter two are simply better than him.

I actually think he’s a load better than the team position is maybe showing. Are any of those teams in and around us winning 5-1 at Brighton? Coming back against Spurs being a man down (and we absolutely put the pedal down in that period even before Moura got a red). We could have been 4 up in the first half against Arsenal who were top of the league at the time.

They’re not normal things for a team low on confidence near the bottom of the league. They don’t just happen because we ‘had a go’ or ‘Spurs were crap’ or ‘Brighton were tired’. They happen because of Dyche’s tactical set up and game plan. We’ve had two of our best away performances in ages in the last two games with some of the worst players we’ve had in the PL.

He’s now averaging over a point per game with THIS group of players (would probably be far higher if he’d ditched Keane earlier). Over a full season that’s 40 points and that’s without having a capable striking option for most of the season.

Now imagine we give him a full preseason, get someone to keep Keane out the team, get him some decent attacking players to compliment and replace Calvert Lewin when he’s out. Do you think he has us anywhere near relegation trouble? No.

He’s revitalised McNeill, he’s got Doucoure in his best position, he’s got Calvert Lewin fully fit playing probably the most compete game I’ve seen since his spell under Ancelotti, Garner is playing well, Pickford is playing well, Tarkowski is playing well, he’s reintegrating Patterson. Players are improving under him. Set piece defence seems to have improved, we’re looking more dangerous on offensive set pieces too.

He’s also not scared to make big decisions (regardless of whether they work out). He moved Iwobi out wide, dropped Coady, benched Gray, dropped Onana our marquee signing, now he’s dropped Keane.

I just think we need to back him in the summer to get rid of who he wants out and get in extra firepower because I think he could actually do a very good job for us and we could see similar wins to what we saw at Brighton a bit more regularly.
Spot on, some just cant see it though. Claim hes a dinosaur even when you see what he can do right in front of your eyes

Last edited:

….here you go, fella, available on Amazon;

IMG_4368.jpeg

Bout as good as we could put out. 541 when defending Hopefully Iwobs and McNeil have had their energy supplements as they are going to have to do a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.