2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did not have the 4.5 millions needed to buy him...that must be the only explanation. And seeing what's happening with the transfer market, it is probably a plausible explanation.
So you are telling me that our owner wouldn't spend a relatively small amount of money to make a bigger return? I know it would only be 2 to 2.5 mill but have we gotten so stupid that we don't think small amounts can't make a difference. If someone told me I should invest 5 mill to get back 7 to 8mill within a week or two, I think I'd be a bit interested in that rate of return.

So you are telling me that our owner wouldn't spend a relatively small amount of money to make a bigger return? I know it would only be 2 to 2.5 mill but have we gotten so stupid that we don't think small amounts can't make a difference. If someone told me I should invest 5 mill to get back 7 to 8mill within a week or two, I think I'd be a bit interested in that rate of return.
Tells you how bad the situation is financially. Lack of liquidity means that we probably barely paying our bills let alone spending 4.5 millions on a player that you may or may not sell for a profit. Perhaps if the msp deal was more advanced then it is very possible that we would have been in a different situation. The lack of money is something we are going to have to get used to for another couple of years and hope that we have enough to stay up which is questionable right now with our current squad.

Leicester are welcome to him.
They were suppose to be in a terrible financial state so unsure how they can even afford it to be honest...unless they have sold somebody and I am not aware, or hoping to sell somebody for big money in the near future.

They were suppose to be in a terrible financial state so unsure how they can even afford it to be honest...unless they have sold somebody and I am not aware, or hoping to sell somebody for big money in the near future.

Maddison is all but signed for Spurs - medical today / 40mil.

* He’s not replacing Maddison, but I assume where the money is coming from.

Not a chance we could have signed him and then sold him to Leicester for more money, he would’ve said no and stayed here as we’d have given him a 2 year contract at least.

Madness to even think that could’ve happened, it isn’t Footy Manager.
Well Wolves pulled it off a few years ago when they re-sold Afobe after a few days.

Well Wolves pulled it off a few years ago when they re-sold Afobe after a few days.

It takes us all of a transfer window to get a deal done, you honestly think we’d get 2 deals done involving the same player (who you’d be telling him he has to leave a club that’s down the road from his house, to go to a team to a lower division and further away), in the same window?

There is zero chance that would have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.