Summer transfer window 2023

Myko - 20 mil
Onana - 35 mil
Patterson - 16 mil
Maupay - 15 mil
McNeil - 20 mil
Garner - 15 mil

That’s just some of the signings over the past 2 seasons, god knows how much dele will end up costing

It doesn’t scream to me we are in a financial mess and can’t afford to buy anyone especially when in the same 2 seasons we have made significant money from the sales of Digne, Richarlison, Gordon and Kean

We got 39 mil this season, 100 mil last season and 46 mil the season before. Sales totalling around 185 mil with purchases totalling around 120 mil so there is gap of around 65 mil there.

That’s clearly the Gordon and moise keane money that hasn’t been spent yet

So the notion that we have no money is false

What is probably true though is that we do have money but the club just doesn’t want to spend it
Did we really spend 20mil on Myko? We’re funny

We have no, or very little, money to spend on transfers. That should mean the onus is fully on promoting the youngsters who have promise into the first team environment rapidly. Get them in, hope they play well and generate interest for sales next close season. Rinse and repeat. It’s the only way to do it without the folding stuff.
The issue I see is that to do that it needs a certain profile of manager and that unfortunately isn’t the manager we currently have as his approach favours experienced players. In turn that tells me that there has been no rational thinking and we have a DoF and manager who are not on the same path in terms of this model. It’s destined to more failure unless a) the owner sells up and a big investor injects capital, or b) Dyche, Thelwall or both have to be replaced with people who can buy into that process.

We’re an absolute mess thanks to Kenwright, Moshiri and Usmanov.