Summer transfer window 2023

If we bring no other striker in by September the club will literally try and spin that to their media pals, “so close to getting Toure, let down last minute, go with what we’ve got.”
The one good thing about this breaking down in July is that they won't be able to convince a soul that that was all she wrote. With five weeks of the transfer window left they'll have to come up with at least one more phantom transfer saga.

This picture was funny the first 48000 times...starting wear pretty thin.
The muppets that run the club have are yet again sending us in to a season under equipped, less than 2 weeks until we kick off, guaranteed no signings, there is no way on this planet Everton can complete a deal in under 2 weeks such is the level of incompetence. Thelwell completely out of his depth here...

....off the field the MSP deal still isn`t done, Kenwright still the chairman, Moshiri still the owner.....

.... so excuse me if I want to have a laugh at this completely inept boards expense.

I was informed of that particular deal on 10th July…

Sheffield United have 0% chance of staying up if he goes. They're basically relying on likes of McBurnie, Rhian Brewster and Billy Sharp to score goals!

That's the only positive so far, think it will be like 21/22 in that Luton and Sheffield United will settle into the bottom two positions pretty quickly and then it's a case of trying not to be 18th bad and hopefully Wolves can continue on their Leicester trajectory or Bournemouth flop under the new manager.

Sheffield United have 0% chance of staying up if he goes. They're basically relying on likes of McBurnie, Rhian Brewster and Billy Sharp to score goals!

That's the only positive so far, think it will be like 21/22 in that Luton and Sheffield United will settle into the bottom two positions pretty quickly and then it's a case of trying not to be 18th bad and hopefully Wolves can continue on their Leicester trajectory or Bournemouth flop under the new manager.
Is it that bad that I'd almost be tempted to swap their strikeforce for ours right now?

Hopefully you're right. Taking the money for him is the right thing to do but it pretty much confirms that Sheffield and Luton are adopting the "hope to stay up, but plan for going down" approach.

TBH it's probably the right thing for clubs to do, when you consider the cost of players required to even give you a realistic shot at staying up it's almost certainly better financially to take a year of tv money and three years of parachute payments and set your club financially for the next decade.

They didn't renew Billy Sharp's contact

Is it that bad that I'd almost be tempted to swap their strikeforce for ours right now?

Just checked and they actually released Billy Sharp and Brewster been injured for a whole season. Will sell McBurnie for about 20 quid.

Like a mirror reading their forum, pretty much word what we're getting here on hourly basis:

Yep that's our season in a nutshell

I think it definitely comes into play, I don’t see how it couldn’t.

These are deals being done for 10s of millions of ponds for clubs and players, every single nuance will be analysed within a life of itself in terms of a players career trajectory and opportunity. They are the cash cow.

Think it’s mad to think otherwise to be honest.

I'm sure it's a consideration, but in a world where Everton are looking for a new striker because of DCl's persistent injury issues, I think most players are fancying their chances of getting in ahead of him. Certainly the players that are attracting teams in European competition are.