Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
For 12m ?
Not for £12m, because lets face it the money we spent on Maupay is affectively wasted and so will this £12m.

Why do we want to actively buy someone that will be an understudy to DCL, we want a player that will push him and able to take his place if not performing.

When did we become DCL FC... At some point we will have to replace him! Whether it is because he is sold or has to retire through injuries...

Just my opinion but this is a flawed list of players as an alternative. Fair enough if you actually know these players and what they’d offer to us but just from a brief look, all of the young ones have records that are basically comparable or worse than Chermiti and all of the experienced ones have comparable or worse records than Adams.

The issue where the flaw comes in is most of these would probably cost us more than Chermiti and Adams combined. Of that list Brobbey and Ekitike are probably the only impressive ones and both would be wildly expensive for our budget and totally unproven to lead the line for Everton. For what they’d cost, £30m+, they wouldn’t be able to offer what we need on the pitch straight away.

Beto
135 games 48 goals

Adams
125 games 25 goals

Beto nearly scored twice as many in 10 more games.... not sure how that is worse. Beto 6`4 with pace and ideal for playing up front on his own, Adams always played in a 2 and nearly a foot shorter.

Beto would be an asset from corners whilst providing height from crosses in open play.

Tell me would Duncan Ferguson have been the same player if he was 5`9"? Would he have succeded at Everton?

After reading your post I had to recheck the date of birth of Che Adams, it seems he is 27 since April, why would you say he has no resale value ?
Because we are not going to sell him this summer. And there is no longer a decent market for players pushing 30.

For Everton wanting to sell him within 2-3 years, he must have under performed massively and have no real market value. If he does fine, we will keep him. If he does better than fine, we won't sell.

If we buy him for 12M at 27, he'll need to do better than what he did for Southampton to be worth 6M in two years.

The only scenario where we are close to getting the money back for Adams, is by getting relegated.

Beto
135 games 48 goals

Adams
125 games 25 goals

Beto nearly scored twice as many in 10 more games.... not sure how that is worse. Beto 6`4 with pace and ideal for playing up front on his own, Adams always played in a 2 and nearly a foot shorter.

Beto would be an asset from corners whilst providing height from crosses in open play.

Tell me would Duncan Ferguson have been the same player if he was 5`9"? Would he have succeded at Everton?

Dia at Salernitana with his release clause of €25mil would have been the one. Especially as their DOF very publicly said they liked Maupay and wanted him last summer...some kind of deal should have been done.

Not for £12m, because lets face it the money we spent on Maupay is affectively wasted and so will this £12m.

Why do we want to actively buy someone that will be an understudy to DCL, we want a player that will push him and able to take his place if not performing.

When did we become DCL FC... At some point we will have to replace him! Whether it is because he is sold or has to retire through injuries...
I think its obvious that we don't have any money to spend so its not that we don't want somebody better but more likely that we can't afford it and even if we could I doubt that anybody better than Dom would be interested in coming here its very much like the Groucho Marx line if Everton is the best club in for a player then the chances are they aren't very good.

You don’t blow it all on a complete unknown either

I dont think ive suggested that.

no, I just think he wants you to shut up Zat.

If i suggest £36.8mil on Maupay, Chermiti and Adams could have been spent on a top u23 player.

Then someone says "we cant attract them"

Its either a dig at the club or a totally clueless response because of Gnonto and Onana.

Thats not be 'talking nonsense' its a fact.

After reading your post I had to recheck the date of birth of Che Adams, it seems he is 27 since April, why would you say he has no resale value ?

If we were to sell him on it would almost certainly be for a loss, and more likely in 18 months time we’ll be sending him on a succession of short term loans trying to save on 50% of his wages after our new manager who’s absolutely nothing like Sean Dyche has decided he doesn’t fancy him.

I dont think ive suggested that.

If i suggest £36.8mil on Maupay, Chermiti and Adams could have been spent on a top u23 player.

Then someone says "we cant attract them"

Its either a dig at the club or a totally clueless response because of Gnonto and Onana.

Thats not be 'talking nonsense' its a fact.
Right here Zat, blowing £35m on 1 player, a young player that may or may not work out. It was a risk doing it with Onana last summer

Status
Not open for further replies.