Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think eventually things will pick up scoring wise.

Bigger issue is last season on the road team weren't actually conceding that many goals, most was pretty much two so you can always be in the mix for draws and that was crucial in the end with the late flurry of draws.

Villa could've scored 6-7 today if they really wanted to. Already the GD is at -5. Last season it took until Bournemouth away to get that bad.
Because Tarkowski was starting with Coady or Mina.

Dyche will get himself sacked if he continues starting the Lump.

Honestly, I dont think I'm up for this season's relegation battle.

I've been bullish in the last two seasons and we did look like a team capable of just about cobbling points together to survive. But this looks different.

We need 3 or 4 in by Sept 1st or this is a club playing Championship football next season.

As bad as we were today... Luton and Sheffield utd have worse tools available than us. So it's definitely not guaranteed that we will go down. Not sure what dyche can say about that performance today though

Yeah, I think when McNeil gets back and Harrison eventually gets in, we should be better going forward.

But as long as Keane starts, we're pretty much starting every match already down at least 1 goal. Which just creates that much more pressure on an already fragile offense as well.

Already forgot about Harrison!

Basically can probably just get about one more attacker in and they've decided it's all in on Adams as you can't keep signing attackers as with what Dyche sets them up there's only room for about three in the actual line up unless he starts dropping underperforming CMs.

As bad as we were today... Luton and Sheffield utd have worse tools available than us. So it's definitely not guaranteed that we will go down. Not sure what dyche can say about that performance today though
It is without a forward and a CB and quite probably a new FB if Coleman is going to be constantly injuredd.

Without significant signings we go down

End of story
Spot on. The next 11 days will dictate whether we have a chance of staying up. Unless we bring in significant signings ( CF , CH , RW and CM ) we will be amongst the favourites for relegation.
If this squad remains pretty much the same I really don't see us staying up.
Not getting players in early and squandering the chance to bed in players for a relatively easy start is going to hurt us big style.
You also have to have question marks against a manager who refuses to select Branthwaite ahead of the hapless Keane and who deflects criticism by continually saying players aren't "PL fit".

Honestly, I dont think I'm up for this season's relegation battle.

I've been bullish in the last two seasons and we did look like a team capable of just about cobbling points together to survive. But this looks different.

We need 3 or 4 in by Sept 1st or this is a club playing Championship football next season.
The oracle has spoken. I’m afraid it could happen this year. I hope you are wrong Dave. Hope all is well btw

Like I said last week before this thread was inexplicably taken down, I didn’t even watch this week as I can see the ice berg coming a mile off. This team is the worst in the league and without additions we will 100% be down this season, and with a lot of time to spare. Unfortunately the manager must also now be called into question. His refusal to drop the worst defender in the league is going to cause us so much trouble. Either play Branthwaite or sell him

You'll bypass us, pal. He who laughs last...
Still early days. We've been pretty awful in all honesty but find ourselves 3 wins out of 3 haha. Apart from the financial implications sometimes dropping down and resetting is for the best. Obviously the stadium move for you makes that less viable

I was almost euphoric after that 2nd half comeback v Palace 2 seasons ago. Thought we were down , great escape ...surely the club would strat to right the ship. Last season no joy when we beat Bournemouth just a bit of relief. The club is unwilling and incapable of avoiding it this season. It already seems inevitable. The people in charge dont seem to even care ..we all can see the writing on the wall.
Sad but true. ( I'll be happy to be wrong but I'm not willing to invest in it emotionally as much now .... they've worn me down )

Status
Not open for further replies.