Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a difficult question.

I'm not a Dyche fan but against the odds he kept us up last season

This season he has been sold short on recruitment.

However the team has regressed from last season and he inexplicably keeps selecting Keane

Against that we can't keep changing managers.

I honestly don't know.

If I thought we had the recruitment team I'd take a long term view and bring Potter in , but we don't.
Stayed up despite him not because of him. Fluked by on corners and worldies.

As we are seeing now that it not a sustainable foundation to build a team.

Stayed up despite him not because of him. Fluked by on corners and worldies.

As we are seeing now that it not a sustainable foundation to build a team.

The biggest barrier to building the team is having a really poor set of players. We can talk about Dyche and his limitations but I find it unlikely we're getting another manager who can do any better for where we are now.

The biggest barrier to building the team is having a really poor set of players. We can talk about Dyche and his limitations but I find it unlikely we're getting another manager who can do any better for where we are now.
Villa were sat in a crap place in the table when they got Emery. Difference is they backed him.

We had our chance with Carlo.

Honestly, without a takeover of the club there is no escaping the coward spiral now.

We never replaced Lukaku.
We let Rodriguez go.
We lost Sigurdsson.
We didn’t sign Coady for a nominal fee.

A team that has no goals in it, signs no striker to replace a top class one that left years ago, let’s go of the only two creative midfielders it’s had in years, and doesn’t strengthen its defence with a cheap option that formed a better partnership with Tarky than Michael Keane will ever do…,deserves to go down.
We have made ourselves progressively weaker with each transfer window. If one keeps sliding towards the precipice, eventually one falls over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back