Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The earliest ‘must win’ game of any season in living memory.

After watching us against Villa, it’s hard to conjure anything remotely resembling optimism. Defensive frailty is now a real concern, and we’ve yet to score a goal. Even a poor Wolves side will fancy their chances. Who could blame them?

The biggest indicator of our chances going forward will come less from the result, and more from how Dyche reacts with his selection. Keane has to be dropped. Danjuma has to start up front. Whoever starts in the midfield, it needs to be configured so that we at least have a foothold in the game. If he can’t see that the status quo isn’t going to work, we’ll keep losing games, and he’ll lose his job.

Struggling to even pick a team for this one. Just to give us some hope for the future, I’d be inclined to go with:

GK: Pickford
RB: Patterson
LB: Young
CB: Tarkowski
CB: Branthwaite
CM: Onana
CM: Garner
AM: Doucoure
RW: Dobbin
LW: Danjuma
ST: Chermiti

SUBS
Virginia, Godfrey, Keane, Mykolenko, Gueye, Gomes, Onyango, Maupay, Cannon

Out: Lonergan, Holgate, Gbamin, Gray

Injured: Coleman, Alli, Iwobi, McNeil, Harrison, Calvert-Lewin

If Braithwaite starts, the crowd is going to have to get right behind him. Confidence is going to be key with this lad

If Dyche is actually a pragmatic manager, then we Branthwaite starts. I really fear for him if he plays Keane again. The crowd will be already on edge, and the first defensive wobble, will be met with thunderous groans and we are immediately on the back foot.

He plays Branthwaite and he gets the crowd immediately onside.

My team:

Pickford
Patterson Tarkowski Brantwaite Young
Dobbin Garner Onana Danjuma
Doucoure
Maupay

Virginia Mykolenko Godfrey Keane Gueye Onyango Gomes Cannon Chermiti

What id like to see

Pickford
Patterson Tark Branthwaite Young

Garner Onana
Dobbin Danjuma

Maupay
Chermiti
---------------------------------------------------------------
What we will see
Pickford
Patterson Tark Keane Young

Garner Onana
Dobbin Danjuma
Doucoure
Maupay

The reasons for both are pretty similar and it is due to what players we have. I understand Dyche's reluctance to play branthwaite considering the boy has only played 10 first team games for us and also came late in pre season, i don't subscribe to the fact hes locked in to Keane i genuinely believe he is looking for JB to tick a few more boxes before bringing him in. Hearing the presser it seems like Ben Godfrey is an outside chance too, seems to be positive on him.

Can anyone attending the game please start a huge group singing of Don't Stop Believing, I feel there is potential for this to be a bit of an unofficial anthem for us this year.

I'd love to hear the Goodison faithful singing this en masse through my tv screen in Oz!

Anyone who thinks this Wolves team are poor, will be in for a bit of a shock, watched these v Man U and should have won.
They attack with lots of pace and movement, so if Keane plays this could be a Watford or Newcastle at home last season result

Status
Not open for further replies.