Summer transfer window 2023

Its why i think we need to sell Gomes + Gray. Their wages must be around/over £150k weekly.

If my numbers are correct (calculations in an earlier post and the Gnonto bid £500k apart) then weve had a net of +£25.7mil.

Move Gomes and Gray out to Saudi and call it £45mil.

Next summer i think we need 8 additions. We could buy e.g Gnonto +Wharton from Leeds/Blackburn in Jan for the money.

We'd then need 6 players.

Some of those whose contracts expire in summer 2025 could be sold with low book values (e.g Keane, Holgate, Godfrey, Maupay etc) to bring in 2 new signings next summer.

The other 4 players needed loaned in.

I think the DOF may be thinking along similar lines.

If im looking to invest or buy the club id want to see drastic improvements on the balance sheet.

This and next summers business should show vast improvements before the new broadcasting deal and stadium turnover.

FFP should be free and clear so by 2025 we can splash the cash with a new owner and increased revenue streams.
All well and good in principle Zat but you're not stupid , you know that any surplus on player trading won't be ring fenced for future player acquisition.

It will be long gone by January let alone next summer.

The fact is that this club is hemorrhaging money on a monthly basis. It looks as though Moshiri isn't prepared to stump up to cover those losses any more, so the Richie money, the Gordon money, and the positive balance of this transfer window, is simply keeping our head above water. Come January there won't be a war chest, the money will be gone in covering the monthly losses of running this club. The future looks very bleak.
Exactly. At last someone appreciates the gravity of our situation.

2 players for every position.....hmmm well if the CB replacements are Godfrey and Keane forgive me if I lose all hope.

Whether we like the players or not, theyre under contract and to optimise wages (and as assets) would need to be moved on before replacements are brought in.

We go with them this season and replace Jan/summer.

I want to hear about deals being lined up for January 1st soon.

I want to hear we have 2 sales to Saudi.

All well and good in principle Zat but you're not stupid , you know that any surplus on player trading won't be ring fenced for future player acquisition.

It will be long gone by January let alone next summer.

I think if an investment comes in for £100mil then the numbers will be separated from the transfer kitty.

If not then i could see the net this summer (hopefully £45mil if gray/gomes go) used on the stadium. That would give Moshiri another 9months till next summer to find an investor for the other £55mil to reach that £100mil target.

Beto and Danjuma and Harrison should see us safe. If DCL can't stay fit then we may need someone else in Jan.

Good window.
I find it hard to agree.

Our defence is atrocious. Needed new LB, RB and CB.

Forwards are stronger but I'd have kept Maupay with no replacement coming in and we should have loaned another winger at the very least.

At this moment I'll be shocked if we even get out the bottom three all season.