Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn’t really rate Iwobi however stats don’t lie he was the teams most creative player, just not replacing him is reckless, ok we might have Beto who knows where the net is, but who’s providing these assists centrally🤷‍♂️
Stats do lie, if we use him as the figurehead in all our attacks he’s going to have a higher assist number than most players, what they don’t show is how many times he gives the ball away, runs down a blind alley, passes it to the other team, sends an awful cross etc.

I’m delighted he’s out of the team and if you think stats don’t lie, ask yourself why he wasn’t as good as Mark Pembridge

IMG_1558.webp

By 'slotted' you mean allocated towards the stadium which we 'need' a £100mil loan for?

Sell Gomes and Gray for £20mil and were then 'only' £55mil short including the net for summer spending just gone.

Its a win win either way.

As a guesstimate £800k a week out the door in wages. Over 9months thats approx £28.8mil.

Incoming im guessing £300k so £10.8mil over 9months.

= £18mil in savings. Which comparable with £90mil is £20%. Edit: oops ive used £90mil rather than 90%, but you get the gist.

We should see greater savings over the next 2 summers with out of contract players and the stadium built + new broadcast deal both by 2025.

I think the medium term view would be a mix of both. Also the 2025 season when we should be free and clear.

Its 6/10 for me. Punt Gray and Gomes to Saudi for £20mil and that goes to 8/10.

There are 10 next and 6 the following out of contract. Of the 6 one is DCL and the other Branthwaite who we have a one year option on.

The rest are overpaid dross.
I honestly think Gomes gets minutes when injuries/suspensions kick in
Scary

At the start of the window, I just wanted us to sign 2 forwards, we did that with Beto and Chermitti.

In total when I look at the squad, there are 10 players here now, who were not here last season. The five signings and the five players who were out on loan last year, but are not this year.

14 players have left the club this summer, but of those 14, 4 were out on loan last season, so in terms of personnel we are only 1 player less, than we had last season.

It would have been great to get one more through the door last night. But overall we are more balanced than before, we have more strikers, less central midfielders

Honestly, I don't think we have THAT bad a team IF everytone stays healthy. But that's not how Everton does things. Hell, we signed a player ALREADY injured.
No depth no real quality. No assets that any team better than us would go out the way to sign… except maybe Pickford.

We’ve made sizeable profits the past 18 months due to player sales, and over the last 3 years there’s now no way we aren’t in profit. We’ve reduced the wages substantially too and that will no longer be near the 90% of our turnover it reportedly was. The good news is, hypothetically we’d be able to splash the cash again next season as we’d have FFP wiggle room we’ve not had for years. The bad news is that almost certainly won’t happen because of cash flow issues and Moshiri shutting up shop. We need him to sell up basically, and not to serial losers 777.

If we do somehow survive this season, the optimistic view is that we get basically a full factory reset, have room to spend with FFP and we’ll bring our wage bill down massively as almost all the big earners will have gone; Gomes, Gana, Dele, Doucs, Young, Coleman. We’ll almost certainly have to keep Gana and Doucs on short term deals.

The pessimistic/realistic view is that we’ll have a squad consisting of very few players as we’ve sold and replaced half of them with loans, and that Moshiri will force us to patch up the squad with further loans until the stadium is finished.

There’s a very real chance that in a years time our squad is; Pickford, Virginia, Patterson, Mykolenko, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Keane, Godfrey, Holgate, Garner, Onana, McNeil, Beto, Chermiti, Maupay and DCL.

Amended to include Dobbin and Onyango:

2024 (10)
Gray
Gomes
Doucoure
Dele
Gana
Coleman
Young
Lonergan
Harrison (loan)
Danjuma (loan)

2025 (9)
Godfrey
Keane
Maupay
Calvert-Lewin
Virginia
Holgate
Dobbin
Onyango
Branthwaite*1year option

2026 (3)
Mykolenko
Tarkowski
Garner

2027 (6)
Onana
Pickford
McNeil
Patterson
Beto
Chermiti

The rollercoaster begins...

We could be down to 18 players next summer.

We do have 3 windows until the 2025 season kicks off. Stadium built and broadcasting deal increased.

In reality its this and next season we need to get through. We should be home and dry then.

We could be down to 18 players next summer.

We do have 3 windows until the 2025 season kicks off. Stadium built and broadcasting deal increased.

In reality its this and next season we need to get through. We should be home and dry then.
It’s a seriously daunting prospect after back to back relegation battles and and 3 straight league losses in a row. But you’re right, get through the next 2 seasons intact and the stadium will be finished, the club sold, and we should move on to great things. Moshiri is seriously gambling here.

I guess we will see in January ! If this money goes the same way as the Richie and Gordon money, it won’t be such a good window for dure
The fact is that this club is hemorrhaging money on a monthly basis. It looks as though Moshiri isn't prepared to stump up to cover those losses any more, so the Richie money, the Gordon money, and the positive balance of this transfer window, is simply keeping our head above water. Come January there won't be a war chest, the money will be gone in covering the monthly losses of running this club. The future looks very bleak.

didn’t really rate Iwobi however stats don’t lie he was the teams most creative player, just not replacing him is reckless, ok we might have Beto who knows where the net is, but who’s providing these assists centrally🤷‍♂️
My hope is that we find another way of playing to Betos strengths and we might find there’s someone there who can add that dimension to their game. Iwobi has never been that effective for us, although definitely a bit jittery about selling him off without a replacement. If it allows McNeil, Harrison (when fit) and Danjuma space to be effective then we may well be alright.

Ultimately, if it’s about balancing the books then it has to be done and sadly there is a price to pay for the poor recruitment and reckless mismanagement of the clubs finances.

Can't disagree but it's a massive gamble . We are done if Tarks or Branthwaite are injured or lose from.

The defence is scary. Shallow and low on quality.

Absolutely mate. Id have been so much more happier if we had added a CB.

Its a gamble isn't it but that's the territory we are in now. I wonder if we have one eye on the commission hearing and this type of remedial action may have been suggested as beneficial to our chances of a lesser punishment.

We have 2 players for every position in the back 4. We also have Holgate out on loan.

Next summer Coleman + Young are out of contract.

2025 Keane, Godfrey, Holgate are out of contract.

Numbers wise were fine. Next summer we need to let the two contracts expire + sell the 3 whose expire in 2025. Their book values will be low and so we wont take FFP losses .

Next summer we would then have: Coleman, Holgate, Young, Keane, Godfrey out.

Mykolenko, Branthwaite, Tarkowski, Patterson remaining. 4 new defenders required next summer.

Its just a numbers game.

As posted in Iwobi + Onana threads. He created 4 "big chances" last season.

This season Onana is on 4 and Garner is on 2.

Hes not missed.

Why does the club always use undisclosed fee?

What's the point?

So they can hide how much they're swindling?

So other clubs dont know how much weve sold for OR so they dont claim to have sold (like the RS do) for huge fees when alot is made up of clauses/add ons.

I honestly think Gomes gets minutes when injuries/suspensions kick in
Scary

Need him and Gray sold.

No depth no real quality. No assets that any team better than us would go out the way to sign… except maybe Pickford.

Nonsense.

Stats do lie, if we use him as the figurehead in all our attacks he’s going to have a higher assist number than most players, what they don’t show is how many times he gives the ball away, runs down a blind alley, passes it to the other team, sends an awful cross etc.

I’m delighted he’s out of the team and if you think stats don’t lie, ask yourself why he wasn’t as good as Mark Pembridge

View attachment 225589
Bell Bretland....This chump think he's a cut above the average blue on the street. Took great pleasure in him blocking me on Twitter,Odious toad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back