Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is abundantly clear is that Everton want to reach a point where they can keep their losses to no more than 105 mil over 3 years to comply with FFP

now Covid is over the impact cannot be used an excused if our rolling losses over 3 years exceeds 105 mil

21/22 accounts showed a loss of 44.7 mil
22/23 accounts will include the money from the sale of gordon
then i assume the 23/24 accounts will include the sales from this window which is looking close to being around 60 mil in players sales with Kean, Simms, Nkounkou, Cannon and Iwobi plus loan fees for Maupay, Holgate the compensation money from Chelsea for the academy player, the sell on clause for Nkouku and the John Stones bonus money for Champions League win

on the books its looking like we should be able to comply with FFP quite easily in the period between 21/22 to 23/24 as things stand

wages have been reduced significantly with the likes of Mina, Sigurdsson, Delph, Allan, Richarlison, Iwobi and Gbamin all leaving the club and the majority of Holgate's wages will be covered by Southampton this season as well then in the summer the contracts of Gomes, Doucoure, Alli, Gueye, Coleman, Young and Gray all expire as well

so far this calendar year the club has made 45 mil from Gordon, 30 mil for Kean, 22 mil for Iwobi, 5 mil for Nkounkou with the sell on fee, 7 mil for Simms, 9 mil for cannon, 4 mil for smith samuels and some money from the Qatar world cup and the bonus for john stones - all in all the club has brought in around 120 mil

the club spent no money in January and apparently we have only spent 15 mil on a loan fee for danjuma and the signing of chermiti from sporting lisbon. The Beto money will be spent next season apparently.

that means that the club has made around 100 mil this year net profit
We’ve made sizeable profits the past 18 months due to player sales, and over the last 3 years there’s now no way we aren’t in profit. We’ve reduced the wages substantially too and that will no longer be near the 90% of our turnover it reportedly was. The good news is, hypothetically we’d be able to splash the cash again next season as we’d have FFP wiggle room we’ve not had for years. The bad news is that almost certainly won’t happen because of cash flow issues and Moshiri shutting up shop. We need him to sell up basically, and not to serial losers 777.

If we do somehow survive this season, the optimistic view is that we get basically a full factory reset, have room to spend with FFP and we’ll bring our wage bill down massively as almost all the big earners will have gone; Gomes, Gana, Dele, Doucs, Young, Coleman. We’ll almost certainly have to keep Gana and Doucs on short term deals.

The pessimistic/realistic view is that we’ll have a squad consisting of very few players as we’ve sold and replaced half of them with loans, and that Moshiri will force us to patch up the squad with further loans until the stadium is finished.

There’s a very real chance that in a years time our squad is; Pickford, Virginia, Patterson, Mykolenko, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Keane, Godfrey, Holgate, Garner, Onana, McNeil, Beto, Chermiti, Maupay and DCL.

I am absolutely of the view that any surplus on player trading will go towards keeping the club afloat on a day to day basis and / or the stadium.

I'm terrible with figures Zat. What do you now estimate our wages cost to turnover figure is now ?

As you say it was at 90 % which is not only unsustainable but a one way path to administration.
If, and it’s a big if, the club were actively working on reducing our wages to turnover figures, then it has been addressed to an extent. We still needed a cb/rb/lb/am though

Rightly or wrongly most of us were yearning for this type of clear out for years.
If we had added a centre half it would have been our best window for years.

This is hopefully the start of the reset we've waited for. We will need a bit of luck with injuries but this type of drastic measure was always going to be needed.

I bet we are saving about 500k pw in wages. It's much needed.
Absolutely this

Rightly or wrongly most of us were yearning for this type of clear out for years.

This is hopefully the start of the reset we've waited for. We will need a bit of luck with injuries but this type of drastic measure was always going to be needed.

Can't disagree but it's a massive gamble . We are done if Tarks or Branthwaite are injured or lose from.

I have two trains of thought when it comes to the end of this window.

1) We needed to shift out some players for fees/wages so we look financially better for the league and potential buyers.

2) I don't think this board back Dyche as much as they backed Lampard because they fear after his start, that he will soon be on the chopping block.

Compensation for management did cross my mind too tbh!

Can't disagree but it's a massive gamble . We are done if Tarks or Branthwaite are injured or lose from.

Absolutely mate. Id have been so much more happier if we had added a CB.

Its a gamble isn't it but that's the territory we are in now. I wonder if we have one eye on the commission hearing and this type of remedial action may have been suggested as beneficial to our chances of a lesser punishment.

Absolutely mate. Id have been so much more happier if we had added a CB.

Its a gamble isn't it but that's the territory we are in now. I wonder if we have one eye on the commission hearing and this type of remedial action may have been suggested as beneficial to our chances of a lesser punishment.
Very good point.
Contrition by action

didn’t really rate Iwobi however stats don’t lie he was the teams most creative player, just not replacing him is reckless, ok we might have Beto who knows where the net is, but who’s providing these assists centrally🤷‍♂️

Very good point.
Contrition by action

If the club can demonstrate that they have learnt lesson and actively made efforts to fix the issue then it makes a suspended punishment or lesser punishment all the more palatable especially to the other members of the PL.

But it's a massive gamble either way.

didn’t really rate Iwobi however stats don’t lie he was the teams most creative player, just not replacing him is reckless, ok we might have Beto who knows where the net is, but who’s providing these assists centrally🤷‍♂️

Stats are hopeless. If he was that good Brighton or Brentford would have taken him as they rely solely on stats.
But they've seen how poor he is.

The fact its a former manager of his in a desperate situation taking him tells you all you need to know how crap he is.

Mate he's slotted the money honestly the man's a joke

By 'slotted' you mean allocated towards the stadium which we 'need' a £100mil loan for?

Sell Gomes and Gray for £20mil and were then 'only' £55mil short including the net for summer spending just gone.

Its a win win either way.

I am absolutely of the view that any surplus on player trading will go towards keeping the club afloat on a day to day basis and / or the stadium.

I'm terrible with figures Zat. What do you now estimate our wages cost to turnover figure is now ?

As you say it was at 90 % which is not only unsustainable but a one way path to administration.

As a guesstimate £800k a week out the door in wages. Over 9months thats approx £28.8mil.

Incoming im guessing £300k so £10.8mil over 9months.

= £18mil in savings. Which comparable with £90mil is £20%. Edit: oops ive used £90mil rather than 90%, but you get the gist.

We should see greater savings over the next 2 summers with out of contract players and the stadium built + new broadcast deal both by 2025.

I have two trains of thought when it comes to the end of this window.

1) We needed to shift out some players for fees/wages so we look financially better for the league and potential buyers.

2) I don't think this board back Dyche as much as they backed Lampard because they fear after his start, that he will soon be on the chopping block.

I think the medium term view would be a mix of both. Also the 2025 season when we should be free and clear.

I guess we will see in January ! If this money goes the same way as the Richie and Gordon money, it won’t be such a good window for dure

Its 6/10 for me. Punt Gray and Gomes to Saudi for £20mil and that goes to 8/10.

There are 10 next and 6 the following out of contract. Of the 6 one is DCL and the other Branthwaite who we have a one year option on.

The rest are overpaid dross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back