Summer transfer window 2023

Surely we will have got loan fees for Holgate and Muppet . In addition we got a sell on for Stones £2.5 m and fee for Broadhead £4 m ?
Holgate, fee? Are you mad. We're paying half his wages to be a benchwarmer in the champ rather than a benchwarmer for us in the prem.

I do question where the money would go, though

If were £25mil up on net spend during the window + Gray and Gomes take that to £45mil

Plus the savings on moving out 14 players and bringing 5 in. By moving out Gomes and Gray that would mean more big wages saved and 16 players out...a swing of 7.

The Gnonto bid was quoted yesterday at £25.7mil which is only £500k off my calculations (posted above).

The not too long ago 90% wages to turnover will have been shredded (further to come over the next two summers) the dross moved out -- which means our good players wont be left training with poor ones.

So, if we did have £25.7mil to spend and we add on top potential Gomes and Gray sales then we could have a £45mil warchest to go towards replacing out of contract players next summer.

If that sum is instead used for the stadium (45% of the loan Moshiri was seeking) then it buys him 9months to bring in other investors.

Win win.

If were £25mil up on net spend during the window + Gray and Gomes take that to £45mil

Plus the savings on moving out 14 players and bringing 5 in. By moving out Gomes and Gray that would mean more big wages saved and 16 players out...a swing of 7.

The Gnonto bid was quoted yesterday at £25.7mil which is only £500k off my calculations (posted above).

The not too long ago 90% wages to turnover will have been shredded (further to come over the next two summers) the dross moved out -- which means our good players wont be left training with poor ones.

So, if we did have £25.7mil to spend and we add on top potential Gomes and Gray sales then we could have a £45mil warchest to go towards replacing out of contract players next summer.

If that sum is instead used for the stadium (45% of the loan Moshiri was seeking) then it buys him 9months to bring in other investors.

Win win.
I am absolutely of the view that any surplus on player trading will go towards keeping the club afloat on a day to day basis and / or the stadium.

I'm terrible with figures Zat. What do you now estimate our wages cost to turnover figure is now ?

As you say it was at 90 % which is not only unsustainable but a one way path to administration.

I have two trains of thought when it comes to the end of this window.

1) We needed to shift out some players for fees/wages so we look financially better for the league and potential buyers.

2) I don't think this board back Dyche as much as they backed Lampard because they fear after his start, that he will soon be on the chopping block.

Win win.
I guess we will see in January ! If this money goes the same way as the Richie and Gordon money, it won’t be such a good window for dure

Rightly or wrongly most of us were yearning for this type of clear out for years.
If we had added a centre half it would have been our best window for years.

This is hopefully the start of the reset we've waited for. We will need a bit of luck with injuries but this type of drastic measure was always going to be needed.

I bet we are saving about 500k pw in wages. It's much needed.