Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was a disappointment!! Shame that the people who ‘run’ the club couldn’t just communicate before hand that they were only interested in shifting certain players on deadline day to avoid further fan disappointment.
I agree we are too light in some areas now, although one positive has to be the scale of clearout!!
I’m not bothered about any of these players going, I’m just surprised there wasn’t at least one or two more additions.
Maybe that will happen in January depending on our plight.

I remember situations under Moyes where injury crises would galvanise the teams with less players to pick from the bench and the teams pretty much picked themselves. I think if DCL and Beto stay fit and healthy we have the wide players and midfield to provide enough ammunition. The one area of concern for me is the centre half position. I honestly think we can cope in the fullback areas but I’ve no faith in Keane and Godfrey as our back ups. I sincerely hope the y can prove me wrong.

Including full add ons

5 Ins
Beto £25.8mil
Chermiti £15mil
Danjuma £3mil loan
Young OOC
Harrison loan

=£43.8mil

14.Outs
Kean £25mil
Iwobi £22mil
Cannon £7.5mil
Simms £8mil
Nkounkou £4mil
Maupay loan
Holgate loan
Mina OOC
Begovic OOC
Davies OOC
Gbamin OOC
Townsend OOC
Coady OOC
Vinagre OOC

Total = £66.5mil
+ huge saving on wages
Surely we will have got loan fees for Holgate and Muppet . In addition we got a sell on for Stones £2.5 m and fee for Broadhead £4 m ?

I actually thought we wouldn’t be making any signings the state we are in. I was shocked we got Beto. The club should have been run more frugally for the start knowing what we know now especially with the size of the stadium project. The way the club portrayed itself when Koeman came in flashing the cash is not what Everton is about. Bill Kenwright portraying it like a lottery win just smacks of show business . We didn’t see the likes of City and Chelsea acting this way 15,20years ago. Professional clubs just get about their work without my hysteria. I do think when the dust settles the stadium will be our salvation and we get back to the top table but it’s gonna be a long road.

Including full add ons

5 Ins
Beto £25.8mil
Chermiti £15mil
Danjuma £3mil loan
Young OOC
Harrison loan

=£43.8mil

14.Outs
Kean £25mil
Iwobi £22mil
Cannon £7.5mil
Simms £8mil
Nkounkou £4mil
Maupay loan
Holgate loan
Mina OOC
Begovic OOC
Davies OOC
Gbamin OOC
Townsend OOC
Coady OOC
Vinagre OOC

Total = £66.5mil + £2.5mil Stones clause
£69mil + huge saving on wages

Surely we will have got loan fees for Holgate and Muppet . In addition we got a sell on for Stones £2.5 m and fee for Broadhead £4 m ?

Amended to include Stones clause.

We dont know any loan fees and Broadhead moved in jan?

I actually thought we wouldn’t be making any signings the state we are in. I was shocked we got Beto. The club should have been run more frugally for the start knowing what we know now especially with the size of the stadium project. The way the club portrayed itself when Koeman came in flashing the cash is not what Everton is about. Bill Kenwright portraying it like a lottery win just smacks of show business . We didn’t see the likes of City and Chelsea acting this way 15,20years ago. Professional clubs just get about their work without my hysteria. I do think when the dust settles the stadium will be our salvation and we get back to the top table but it’s gonna be a long road.
100%

Well that was a disappointment!! Shame that the people who ‘run’ the club couldn’t just communicate before hand that they were only interested in shifting certain players on deadline day to avoid further fan disappointment.
I agree we are too light in some areas now, although one positive has to be the scale of clearout!!
I’m not bothered about any of these players going, I’m just surprised there wasn’t at least one or two more additions.
Maybe that will happen in January depending on our plight.
Years of needing forwards are addressed but we then leave ourselves light in defence and, to an extent, midfield. Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back