Summer transfer window 2023

I want to hear we have 2 sales to Saudi.

I think if an investment comes in for £100mil then the numbers will be separated from the transfer kitty.

If not then i could see the net this summer (hopefully £45mil if gray/gomes go) used on the stadium. That would give Moshiri another 9months till next summer to find an investor for the other £55mil to reach that £100mil target.
Sorry but not even the Saudis are paying north of £40m for those two!

Exactly. At last someone appreciates the gravity of our situation.
Are we the only prem club making a loss? I dont know how we can be making a monthly loss with all the TV revenue. Is it all to do to with the stadium or have we always made a loss in the PL? Or is to do with the 2017 spending spree when the mosh money came in?

I want to hear about deals being lined up for January 1st soon.
That just won’t be happening. It’s full steam ahead for Moshiri to claw back as much money as he can now. We won’t be spending again under him. We’ve already took £26m out of next year’s budget with the Beto deal which will get covered by a player sale next year. The fact we’ve left 2 loan slots open whilst we gamble on not having to play Keane or Godfrey for any length of time just suggests that nothing will be lined up as there’s not even money for wages. We’re just crossing our fingers that there’s 3 poorer teams again.

Did we sign Beto despite my man dave saying it was a phantom bid snd you sucking him off?
Its just a disguised loan. Next season when we have no money to pay for him he'll go straight back to his parent club.

Or we'll go in to administration.

I cannot see any positivity in the future of this club any longer.. I seriously think we're in danger of going bust in the next 12 months, unless we are bought out by a 'proper' new owner..

Are we the only prem club making a loss? I dont know how we can be making a monthly loss with all the TV revenue. Is it all to do to with the stadium or have we always made a loss in the PL? Or is to do with the 2017 spending spree when the mosh money came in?
We've been making a loss for years well before we started paying for the stadium

Rightly or wrongly most of us were yearning for this type of clear out for years.
If we had added a centre half it would have been our best window for years.

This is hopefully the start of the reset we've waited for. We will need a bit of luck with injuries but this type of drastic measure was always going to be needed.

I bet we are saving about 500k pw in wages. It's much needed.
Yes, but we don't have the squad to keep us in the league.

Suspect all of it a factor. We blew a ton of cash on the squad hoping to get Europe and that backfired. Plus stadium into the bargain probably restricting Moshiri’s ability to fund signings or invest in the business. And obviously the Ukraine war.

Seriously?. You don’t see how we we’re making a loss when we we’re paying Sandro more than Harry Kane.?. We’re making a loss because we put bang average players on ridiculous money that we then couldn’t get rid off. Our wage bill is 80 odd percent of the clubs turnover. Add a stadium into the mix and boom there’s your answer.

Its just a disguised loan. Next season when we have no money to pay for him he'll go straight back to his parent club.

Or we'll go in to administration.

I cannot see any positivity in the future of this club any longer.. I seriously think we're in danger of going bust in the next 12 months, unless we are bought out by a 'proper' new owner..
I mean, just no mate!

I agree totally about the positivity about the direction of this club, it is dire but I am not up for making stories up about "disguised loans" ffs

Although a bit of an anti-climax yesterday, Thelwell is doing some good work in fixing some of the financial black hole.

-Selling academy players is better than just keeping them until they're about 26 and just having a good under 21 team.
-Players on huge wages who contribute nothing are being moved on or contracts have ended- Townsend, Gbamin, Rondon, Iwobi, Mina, Davies, Maupay, Vinagre (that's around £500k a week of wages, £26 million a year!!!)
-Others have contracts ending this season (Dele, Gomes, another £200kish a week, or £10 million a year)
-Relegation clauses are now apparently in player contracts whereas previously they weren't.

I absolutely don't want us to get relegated, but the work that's been done this summer means we're far less likely to face financial oblivion or administration than if we had been relegated in May. We have better attacking options with more goal scorers. The worry is the lack of defensive cover at centre back and the full back positions.