Match Thread Sheffield United v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Positives and negatives we can take from that.

Branthwaite, Beto, Danjuma* huge positives

Defence and midfield support defending is all over the place

Attack we look like we have added a bit more so midfield and defence need to work together a hell of a lot better

*Danjuma
Some may disagree but I feel he has an element of Gray in him.......looking for glory rather than seeing what is around him but I have no doubt he has all the attributes of a dangerous winger but all wingers seem to have a glory hunting instinct in them. Regardless, he is dangerous so a plus for me

Yeah but this is the FA's misguided attempt to stop people abusing the system (by going down in the box and getting play stopped for a head injury). The ref was just following their dumb protocol.
I thought the ref wanted Tarks off because the EFC medical staff had immediately come on to check him so he must leave the pitch. Though when Ben Godfrey was put on then maybe he was not okay. Jordan Pickford did well with that triple save though. He saved the point.

Sheff Utd are going to get walked over all season. Absolutely 2 points dropped...

Then again, are we any better? There is some absolutely honking players in our squad

I think them, burnley and luton are going to be walked over all season. This is all I'm clinging onto in regards to us being safe this year

That's the problem mate. We're not winning games we should be winning.
I agree and believe me I'm annoyed by it too, I just look at things of being a club that's aim is to finish 17th. We'll get hammered this season, a lot. But I think that come October when everything is settled we'll be winning these types of games and not being so wasteful.

Again looking as nothing more than a team that'll survive I think we've shown that we're "good enough", the problem we had last year is we just couldn't score and that's improved massively, we might be a bit weaker at the back but as long as Pickford, Tarkowski and Branthwaite are playing I don't feel like we're absolutely wide open.

For example I don't see us looking nearly as bad in January, when both Benitez and Lampard were sacked the last 2 years and we even survived then, argueably against better teams. For some reason, I don't even know why, I have faith in the players and manager to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.