Formation / Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think that would work, Onana isn’t a holding midfielder, he’s more of a box-box.
And I believe we need 4 central midfielders in a box to give the right balance between defence and attack. 2 are needed to defend the back 3 and 2 are needed to press the opposition, create attacks, make runs into the box etc
Think you would need his legs to cover the three at the back

Think you would need his legs to cover the three at the back
He’d roam forward too often. With a defensive midfielder behind him, he can do that and not leave a big gap. It would mean Gana and Garner would need to be very disciplined and hold their shape.

I am thinking the same. When I saw Dyche waving his arm to punt the ball long against Doncaster Rovers not just once but several times, I then asked myself if he has a plan, a system, tactics and now I am worried where we are heading to.
From what I see we are very predictable,when we do attack it is down the flanks often via a hoof and hope we can hit one of ours in the box.

Very few balls are played through the middle for players to run on to. Most times the receiving player has their back to goal.

From what I see we are very predictable,when we do attack it is down the flanks often via a hoof and hope we can hit one of ours in the box.

Very few balls are played through the middle for players to run on to. Most times the receiving player has their back to goal.
I think Onana is the only Central Midfielder with the quality to play slide-rule, defence splitting passes.

God no, we only have two centre backs that are any good and I don’t want Godfrey or Mykolenko anywhere near the starting line up

I’d have this 42211

Pickford
Patterson Tarkowski Branthwaite Young
Garner/Gana Onana
Harrison McNeil
Danjuma
Beto

Good effort but that's 12 players mate, think the ref might spot that... Drat just saw you're forward slash. Swap Mykolenko for Young, because Young has been bloody awful so far, the amount of stray passes that put us in trouble were unbelievable.

Good effort but that's 12 players mate, think the ref might spot that... Drat just saw you're forward slash. Swap Mykolenko for Young, because Young has been bloody awful so far, the amount of stray passes that put us in trouble were unbelievable.
Yeah I’d like to think Garner can do better than Gana but I’m not 100% yet

I’ve seen nothing that Myko is better than Young though and Young has been bad. They’re both bad

paul-ince.gif

Having tactics would definitely be helpful I feel
I agree, long ball to front man and picking up 2nd balls is a really outdated strategy, most teams will deal with this with ease, as we are finding, even Doncaster!

After that we are stuck, in possession we don`t have a clear way of playing, we look clueless in possession because we probably train not to have the ball and counter.

Needs to be much more to our play and this is where Dyche is leagues below other managers in the league. He is bottom 4 or 5, one of the worst managers in the league. In fact I`d go as far as saying I`d have at least 15 of the other teams managers in the Premier League over Dyche!

Beto playing off Dom. Gana and Onana in the middle. Danjuma and Mcneil wide. Back four of Young,Branthwaite, Tarks and Garner. That's the best we can put out.
4-4-2 is an outdated formation, our midfield will get run all over, most play 3 in CM AND THEN inverted full backs, in the modern game you need a 3 man midfield... again Dyche is out dated, he is playing a 4-4-1-1 right now, how is that working out for him?

We need to go back to a 4-3-3 because the Doucoure in the 10 clearly isn`t working. If that means dropping Doucoure then that has to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.