Formation / Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that we are becoming a powerful team, one that can play a bit though, reminds of Joe royle style football.

You've got units like dcl, brainthwaite and onana but they can all play. Some out and out units like doucs and tark, some decent sized units like garner and mcneil. Also two 6ft 4 striking units on the bench.

You add all these units up and it equals a cup final defeat and mid table glory. Considering this time last year we had the imbecile in charge this is progress.
There’s definitely ample power and some pace in the squad and a good amount of skill. In my opinion we just need 1 or 2 more options and a bit of strengthening regarding squad depth and we will have a good, well-rounded squad.

At home I think we need a more technical no 10 to help breakdown teams who sit in and try to counter. I’m not sure there’s much Dyche can change in the 4/2/3/1 system we are playing with the personnel available.
He could try a different formation, perhaps a 3/4/2/1 at home, you could feasibly drop Doucoure and still have more attacking players on the pitch, with perhaps McNeil at left wingback, Danjuma and Harrison behind DCL. It would also mean playing another Centre Half, most probably Keane.
So most probably one between Villa Cup or early season 4-4-1-1/4-1-3-1-1. Let see how it turns out, I don't see much else other than starting with two strikers at some delayed stage as well.

So most probably one between Villa Cup or early season 4-4-1-1/4-1-3-1-1. Let see how it turns out, I don't see much else other than starting with two strikers at some delayed stage as well.
3/4/2/1

Pickford
Tarks. Branthwaite. Myko
Patterson Garner Onana McNeil
Harrison. Danjuma?
DCL

That’s a team to take the game to the opposition at Goodison
I’ve put a ? at Danjuma as he’s not really impressed as yet. Perhaps this position in this type of formation would suit him better? Or you could try Doucoure in there.

3/4/2/1

Pickford
Tarks. Branthwaite. Myko
Patterson Garner Onana McNeil
Harrison. Danjuma?
DCL

That’s a team to take the game to the opposition at Goodison
I’ve put a ? at Danjuma as he’s not really impressed as yet. Perhaps this position in this type of formation would suit him better? Or you could try Doucoure in there.
I really like this formation, it is close enough and safe enough to try two strikers upfront. I think having double strikers with Danjuma/Harrison behind might be good for us in some games like Arsenal, Tottenham or Liverpool where their wingback immediately moves into midfield. Otherwise, I think your suggestion is enticing in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.