Formation / Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't 'Hoof' the ball properly, which seems to be part of the problem.
DCL is the only player that wants it that way, if you watch Beto he keeps pointing to the ground and towards his midriff, he wants the ball ahead of him not hoofed up at him, Chermiti is the same when he has played.

DCL is the only player that wants it that way, if you watch Beto he keeps pointing to the ground and towards his midriff, he wants the ball ahead of him not hoofed up at him, Chermiti is the same when he has played.
There are interesting ways in which our strikers differ from one another, I think Beto can also play as right forward while Chermiti can also play as left forward. Both of them are 'learning the PL' right now, so the to their feet or midriff may change in time. This I think is part of the reason why DCL is considered a better CF currently, he is great at winning headers and also shows flair and a decent touch when the ball is aimed at his feet or chest. When we play forwards with a second striker or CAM, it is important where the attacking emphasis is at.... whether CF can win the ball for the second striker or if the Second Striker can release the CF (For both Poachers or Target Man type players). Right now DCL ticks a whole lot of boxes compared to others with his only weakness being his ability to strike the ball cleanly. The inability to accurately direct powerful strikes causes him a bucket load of goals (in my opinion).

getting our head patted by a Luton fan, who wouldn't have signed up had they not won. I'm not convinced he's a genuine Luton fan either. A tedious bore definitely.
You can keep do the middle finger thing everything I write pal but it just speaks volumes of your insecurity. Which thankfully is not reflected in the real Everton fans welcoming me on here.

We need to discuss our defensive frailty, open-play, or set-play wise. Most of the goals that are not from individual errors seem to have a common theme, this concern does not seem to have a solution from our side in performances to date. Arsenal game showed some signs but ultimately failed in attacking detail, I was looking forward to the Villa Cup game for the same reason (missed it, can someone let me know). We can't seem to handle vertical field tilts (don't know the right word, Overload?) very well, I think this is also partially (if not wholly) because we are drilled for compactness in training. Has anyone seen a positive sign regarding this?

lineup (3).png

Great thread guys. Really impressed to see fans of a club with such elite tactical awareness. Everton fans sure do know the game of football.
Thank you for your such straightforward praise Mr.Hatter, I know there isn't an ounce of sarcasm in that post as you are definitely not a hater.

I also appreciate you for putting Everton above Luton in your matchday prediction priority. Hope it works out well for all of us.

Thank you for your such straightforward praise Mr.Hatter, I know there isn't an ounce of sarcasm in that post as you are definitely not a hater.

I also appreciate you for putting Everton above Luton in your matchday prediction priority. Hope it works out well for all of us.
Me too pal. Youre a good club with good fans and I’ll keep an eye out for your results.

Me too pal. Youre a good club with good fans and I’ll keep an eye out for your results.
Don't believe everything you read Mr. Hatter, er... with the amount of 'expected errors' from referees this season, we might be replaying a few games ourselves. Too bad your right wingback got that time-wasting card, we were thinking of appealing for a rematch had it been overlooked 😁

Never happened before, you see (edit).

Don't believe everything you read Mr. Hatter, er... with the amount of 'expected errors' from referees this season, we might be replaying a few games ourselves. Too bad your right wingback got that time-wasting card, we were thinking of appealing for a rematch had it been overlooked 😁

Never happened before, you see (edit).
Only teams in red get replays pal!

Great thread guys. Really impressed to see fans of a club with such elite tactical awareness. Everton fans sure do know the game of football.
I know this is sarcastic but some people go to great lengths to post what teams they think should get played every week lol. Don't need to be a tactical genius though to see that what Dyche is serving up isn't pleasant on the eye nor is it functional as we can't keep clean sheets and don't score enough.

People have had enough the last few years have been very hard going and folks are sick to death of it. What we do know is hoofing it too the forward constantly just doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.