Formation / Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it’s just life mate, some people have predisposition to be good at certain things. I’ve seen people pick up guitars and practice for years to get anywhere, I’ve seen other people put in a fraction of the effort and get further. Some people will understand football better than others.
No one on here knows footballing strategy as proficiently as Sean Dyche though pal. Unless you’re on a he wind up in which case well done!

Away in your formation, would prefer McNeil as a wingback with Myko as a fallback. Similarly, Coleman as a fallback to Patterson as a wingback away from home.
I think McNeil would be excellent in the middle of the park with Garner and Onana which would give us plenty of energy and movement.

McNeil would give a better attacking balance for us but I think it leave us defensive weaker especially with Branthwaite at the back who is still learning his position.

Another possibility is a back three with Branthwaite - Tarkowski AND COLEMAN who has plenty of experience with Ireland in a back three

Nice one pal.
Hahahaha... But seriously spread the word, it is true.
6bodpp.png

I think McNeil would be excellent in the middle of the park with Garner and Onana which would give us plenty of energy and movement.

McNeil would give a better attacking balance for us but I think it leave us defensive weaker especially with Branthwaite at the back who is still learning his position.

Another possibility is a back three with Branthwaite - Tarkowski AND COLEMAN who has plenty of experience with Ireland in a back three
Of course, I only meant McNeil in the away formation for Mykolenko. I understand your point that McNeil would be good for attacking balance, but he is just not that creative to depend on him enough. He does have a mean shot on him though...

getting our head patted by a Luton fan, who wouldn't have signed up had they not won. I'm not convinced he's a genuine Luton fan either. A tedious bore definitely.

It's not just tactics and formations, it's mentality, intensity, aggression - all those other intangibles. We need to be quicker to the loose ball at home, we need to be more aggressive in challenges and especially under aerial balls. We can't ever be outworked or outfought at home - it's the one thing for which there is no excuse.

But yes we desperately need to find a system that allows us to put together some patterns of play, and to sustain attacks. It's about finding a balance where we can carry a threat but avoid the huge defensive mistakes that are happening at home.

Formation / Tactics​

In most of the matches this season I have wondered whether we actually have any?

Unless of course "HOOF" is a tactic?

Status
Not open for further replies.