Formation / Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvin

Player Valuation: £6m
Hopefully after the International break the whole squad will be fit and available. Dyche will probably stick with the same system, the only changes will be in personnel ie McNeil will come in, Harrison I imagine will come into the starting 11. And I do think there will be improvements offensively because of these changes. But I’m still not sure that the current shape/formation gets the best out of the current squad.
I think a 3/2/4/1 could well be the best shape for this squad.
Pickford
Tark/pats. Branthwaite. Myko/Godfrey

Garner. Gueye

Harrison Doucoure Onana. McNeil

Beto/DCL
Something along those lines, perhaps Danjuma for Harrison

God no, we only have two centre backs that are any good and I don’t want Godfrey or Mykolenko anywhere near the starting line up

I’d have this 42211

Pickford
Patterson Tarkowski Branthwaite Young
Garner/Gana Onana
Harrison McNeil
Danjuma
Beto

I suggested going back to his 4-4-2 but people were fair to point out it wouldn't do our already absent midfield many favours. We're in a position with Calvert-Lewin though that we HAVE to play him on the rare occasion he's fit because we don't know how long we'll have him. Him and Beto up front would be something interesting anyway.

Think the system you've thrown up there is a bit bananas to be honest.

Hopefully after the International break the whole squad will be fit and available. Dyche will probably stick with the same system, the only changes will be in personnel ie McNeil will come in, Harrison I imagine will come into the starting 11. And I do think there will be improvements offensively because of these changes. But I’m still not sure that the current shape/formation gets the best out of the current squad.
I think a 3/2/4/1 could well be the best shape for this squad.
Pickford
Tark/pats. Branthwaite. Myko/Godfrey

Garner. Gueye

Harrison Doucoure Onana. McNeil

Beto/DCL
Something along those lines, perhaps Danjuma for Harrison
Id prefer:
Pickford

Coleman Tarkowski Branthwaite

Harrison Onana Garner McNeil

Doucoure Danjuma

Beto

God no, we only have two centre backs that are any good and I don’t want Godfrey or Mykolenko anywhere near the starting line up

I’d have this 42211

Pickford
Patterson Tarkowski Branthwaite Young
Garner/Gana Onana
Harrison McNeil
Danjuma
Beto
The left side is very weak whoever is played there, you have Young in your starting 11.
Everton have 1 point in 4 games 2 goals scored and 8 against.
Perhaps with some personnel changes it’ll improve after the international break. But I suspect that it’s also to do with the shape/formation and tactics. Something like the shape I posted above would play to the strength of the squad and would hopefully minimise the inherent weaknesses that the squad has at this moment.
And I believe the biggest problem is the midfield balance/blend. I think a box midfield would give better balance, provide good offence and more importantly still give adequate cover for the back 3.

The left side is very weak whoever is played there, you have Young in your starting 11.
Everton have 1 point in 4 games 2 goals scored and 8 against.
Perhaps with some personnel changes it’ll improve after the international break. But I suspect that it’s also to do with the shape/formation and tactics. Something like the shape I posted above would play to the strength of the squad and would hopefully minimise the inherent weaknesses that the squad has at this moment.
And I believe the biggest problem is the midfield balance/blend. I think a box midfield would give better balance, provide good offence and more importantly still give adequate cover for the back 3.
McNeil on the left will be a big help and offer a lot more support to Young than Danjuma who is a forward
Young has been bad but he’s better than Mykolenko…. Needs taking off set pieces though big time

I know the story from our games but one point isn’t the whole story. We battered Fulham and Wolves but didn’t have a striker - for me, Beto is the solution and if we play like those two games we’ll be just fine

McNeil on the left will be a big help and offer a lot more support to Young than Danjuma who is a forward
Young has been bad but he’s better than Mykolenko…. Needs taking off set pieces though big time

I know the story from our games but one point isn’t the whole story. We battered Fulham and Wolves but didn’t have a striker - for me, Beto is the solution and if we play like those two games we’ll be just fine
You could have
Patterson Tarkowski Branthwaite
Patterson. Branthwaite Tarkowski
Once Coleman is fit
You could try
Coleman Tarkowski Branthwaite
Coleman Branthwaite Tarkowski
To me it’s the midfield, get the midfield blend/balance correct and everything else will click into place. Especially now with Beto, who can play up top on his own

Set pieces are really pissing me off. Our corners or frees it just try and hit the big man at the back post and knock it back across. Defending set pieces we just let teams do what they want. Play short, extra men at back post unmarked etc

Not bad would put onana holding and drop DLC in for either Doucoure or Danjuma
I don’t think that would work, Onana isn’t a holding midfielder, he’s more of a box-box.
And I believe we need 4 central midfielders in a box to give the right balance between defence and attack. 2 are needed to defend the back 3 and 2 are needed to press the opposition, create attacks, make runs into the box etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.