2023/24 Sean Dyche

Some of you just need to say you hate having a manager like Sean Dyche in charge rather than hide behind notorious whinger Demarai Gray throwing his toys out the pram - at his third straight club - after not turning up for training for 3 days thinking he's going to Fulham.
...what?

I hate having Sean Dyche as manager because he's a nothing manager with poor game management skills, poor tactics, playing losing football. Demarai Gray being a tit doesn't even scratch the surface of why Dyche is a slug.

Fantastic statistic, but we've played more than 9 games - he's up to 23 at this point, with 6 wins.

Even a sample plucked out of thin air like that without acknowledging the bigger picture it's still nonsense (respectfully, hopefully you don't tell me to do one this time Neiler lol x ). Man's at about 20% winrate, that's relegation form whichever way you look at it, and our current hoard of 1 points and sickeningly leaky defense further proves it really.

It is a fantastic statistic mates, it points to the fact that a manager with a centre forward will get results and thus point more than a manager without a centre forward. Thats not on the manager that is on the club. Applying that average across 38 games and we’re fine. You can put any manager you like here but if you take all the forwards from them, 90% would be relegated. This manager is in the 10% who could have kept us up.

Weve been a shambles with injuries and limits since he’s been here and he’s managed it, decimated upfront up till this point, almost all our wingers out or half fit until after the international break, while we’ve also never had a set of full backs fit.

The dudes trying to manage a skip fire. ;)

It is a fantastic statistic mates, it points to the fact that a manager with a centre forward will get results and thus point more than a manager without a centre forward. Thats not on the manager that is on the club. Applying that average across 38 games and we’re fine. You can put any manager you like here but if you take all the forwards from them, 90% would be relegated. This manager is in the 10% who could have kept us up.

Weve been a shambles with injuries since he’s been here, decimated upfront up till this point, almost all our wingers out or half fit until after the international break, while we’ve also never had a set of full backs fit.

The dudes trying to manage a skip fire. ;)
Nah, not having the excuses made for him. Over 38 games and we're on a hiding to nothing, striker or not. Even without a big man to hoof to we've allegedly been unlucky, but statistically we've been unlucky to not concede more at the same time. Even in the 1-5 last season Brighton had better xG (and other stats) than us lol That's poor management and team organisation, that's nothing about having a striker.

It also shows us that he's won 6 in 23. Over 38 games = easy relegation. In fact, funnily enough, we were on that exact same route last year lol

The dude is managing the skip fire by pouring fresh gasoline into it and wondering why it's not extinguishing mate. Unless we go on an absolutely miraculous 10 game winning run he'll finish the season/year/his tenure by being either statistically worse or as bad as Frank Lampard at this rate. The most hated manager we've had not named Rafael.

As much as I hate the phrase - anyone can do it if they've got the best players. He got hired to get the best out of limited players and funds (as is his reputation) and he's doing a bad job at it.
He was also touted as defensive minded, which I can't say is true based on the fact we're leaking goals (and before the excuses come in - 2 out of our 3 defenders are his old players, he knows them, he knows how they play; he let the rest go lol ).

E: Our full backs have been fit, bar 1, for a long time now. Tactically he has no idea how to use a full back if his life depended on it, unless it's a flat 4.

I'm still pretty worried !
I think it's in my nature not to worry until I think there's something to seriously worry about (although I was still surprised at how calm I was about the cancer diagnosis - no sense no feeling I said at the time). Obviously I was pissed when Fulham, and then Wolves, nicked the games off us, but I'm a fan and it always hurts when we lose. I just think I ought to at least give Beto and Danjuma time to bed in.

Once we have a fully fit squad we might even have a decent bench with only one keeper on it!

I think Gary O'Neil's Bournemouth, Thomas Frank, Howe's inherited squad (that were 19th and winless), and Steve Cooper all did better with the squads they had.
Fair point, they've done a good job, but the key thing is the phrase 'squads they had'. Cooper signed loads of players last season for Forest. Bournemouth currently have 7 forwards in their squad according to their club page, Brentford, more options than us. We started this season with the same forward options as last season. Our squad is paper thin in comparison. By all means our manager isn't beyond criticism, but we're playing with fewer playing resources than our rivals.

Still had Iwobi apart from Sheff Utd and Gray is still here.

Benitez CHOSE to bin off Digne and James, how many times did Benitez play Mina and Allan?

Only difference of note is Richarlison....

It all boils down to this question, is Everton in your opinion, in the position this squad of players deserve to be? If the answer is yes Dyche is doing the job he was brought in to do, if the answer is no he is under achieving.

For me we should have been clear of relegation earlier with the squad we had, it isn`t as bad as everyone on here makes out, and we should be higher than where we are now.

YES lost points and unlucky v Fulham and Wolves but...

WHO picks the team? WHO picked Neale Maupay and Keane v Fulham with Brathwaite and Danjuma on the bench? WHO keeps picking Garner at Right Wing?

All on the manager... good managers find ways to over perform and find solutions to situations, poor to average managers set one system and just shoe horn players in to those positions, even if it doesn`t suit them like Dyche is doing at the moment.

If he chose to sell better players and buy inferior ones, thats on then manager.

The squad he inherited is better than our current squad.

I mean there is the possibility for you to check this, and see that even with his own team for a decade - Burnley - he still subbed players at around the 75-80 min mark, or otherwise said "when it's too late", or never and using just 1 sub bizarrely. Doesn't matter who you have on the bench, they have to be having an absolute nightmare of a game or be injured to be subbed earlier.
It’s mad isn’t it? I think some mangers think that their job description only matters up to match day. On a match day there are 12 performances that matter - the 11 that are on the pitch at any one time and the manager’s whose performance re tactics and subs can make the difference. He does not seem to recognise this.

Nah, not having the excuses made for him. Over 38 games and we're on a hiding to nothing, striker or not. Even without a big man to hoof to we've allegedly been unlucky, but statistically we've been unlucky to not concede more at the same time. Even in the 1-5 last season Brighton had better xG (and other stats) than us lol That's poor management and team organisation, that's nothing about having a striker.

It also shows us that he's won 6 in 23. Over 38 games = easy relegation. In fact, funnily enough, we were on that exact same route last year lol

The dude is managing the skip fire by pouring fresh gasoline into it and wondering why it's not extinguishing mate. Unless we go on an absolutely miraculous 10 game winning run he'll finish the season/year/his tenure by being either statistically worse or as bad as Frank Lampard at this rate. The most hated manager we've had not named Rafael.

As much as I hate the phrase - anyone can do it if they've got the best players. He got hired to get the best out of limited players and funds (as is his reputation) and he's doing a bad job at it.
He was also touted as defensive minded, which I can't say is true based on the fact we're leaking goals (and before the excuses come in - 2 out of our 3 defenders are his old players, he knows them, he knows how they play; he let the rest go lol ).

E: Our full backs have been fit, bar 1, for a long time now. Tactically he has no idea how to use a full back if his life depended on it, unless it's a flat 4.
Agreed, I thought for our situation, following Lampard and the dearth of options, he was the best choice, but I’m not his biggest fan because I expected more from him, but a manager with a strike force is going to score a higher points per game average, that a manger without one.

It’s not an excuse….it’s context. It does not address the weaknesses in defending, but scoring more that the other team is the name of the game, and it helps if there’s a strike force available.

...what?

I hate having Sean Dyche as manager because he's a nothing manager with poor game management skills, poor tactics, playing losing football. Demarai Gray being a tit doesn't even scratch the surface of why Dyche is a slug.

Same bunch of loser players who've stank the place out for every manager yet every metric has us going in the right direction on the pitch.

Who'd you get in charge to play beautiful, fluid football when Patterson can't play a 5-yard pass to the man in front or Gana gives it away cheaply under no pressure? Who'd you get in charge when the club can't rub two pennies together and is selling every player they can without reinvesting in the squad? Lampard stunk the gaff out worse and longer before anyone turned all because he's got a bit of prestige to his name.

We're among the worst fans in the country. Fans are chomping at the bit to turn on another manager despite the owner and board killing the club in front of our eyes.

United fans every week protest their owners despite the money they spend, ours put their tails between their legs because 'Chairman Bill' told them to.