2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is a higher level than ourselves at the moment. In addition he is a central mid and we dont use him there. If you were not an Everton supporter then hard to find a reason for him to stay.
Probably correct.
Unconvinced by his central midfield credentials though.
Was hilarious when he’s tweeted about playing in his preferred position for Nigeria, so Carlo played him centrally almost a soon as he was back and hooked him at half time iirc! (at best he was moved out wide again if not hooked)

Probably correct.
Unconvinced by his central midfield credentials though.
Was hilarious when he’s tweeted about playing in his preferred position for Nigeria, so Carlo played him centrally almost a soon as he was back and hooked him at half time iirc! (at best he was moved out wide again if not hooked)
I liked him and sorry to see him go. In terms of where he was with the contract though, we got a good deal.

I liked him and sorry to see him go. In terms of where he was with the contract though, we got a good deal.
He had flashes where he looked very good and at times was garbage. He’s a tidy player but the end product has always been questionable since his Arsenal days. Definitely a good fee. I suppose we have to hope that our creativity will come from Danjuma, Harrison and McNeil and that’s enough to feed Beto and DCL.

He had flashes where he looked very good and at times was garbage. He’s a tidy player but the end product has always been questionable since his Arsenal days. Definitely a good fee. I suppose we have to hope that our creativity will come from Danjuma, Harrison and McNeil and that’s enough to feed Beto and DCL.

Beto looks like the type of player who will create chances for himself. A very useful tool to have.

Arsed

His main stat for a key attacker is 9 goals in 140 appearances.

He’s probably created as many chances for the opposition than he has for us, with his sloppy bollox and absolute perfection of losing possession in key areas.

Very easily forgettable.
Agreed. He was a bottler. He’ll suit Fulham where there is no expectation.

I think when we can move Garner to the middle it will be him from midfield. Anyway, attack-wise we now have prospects at last.

Status
Not open for further replies.