2023/24 Sean Dyche

We have replaced them, with poor players because the club has no direction.

I remember people telling me how great it was that James Rodriguez was replaced with Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend; 2 for 1. That Dwight McNeil was solid replacement for Richarlison.

And that still doesn’t hide from the fact that this manager has no gameplan and does not coach these players.

So you’re telling me that net spend was the reason he decided to swap Beto for DCL rather than trying both of them up top. Or that the reason we pass the ball backwards is because of net spend, or that defending narrow and flooding the box is down to not having net spend

These are professional footballers; it’s not like we’ve plucked a few lads from the park. They’re been coached poorly.

And whilst I don’t expect us to chasing Europe this year I expected to see some slight improvement, like an identity or gameplan.

Nah, Big Sean likes to keep it simple: defend and hoof it

Of course. I'm not saying Net spend is the reason, I was point out it was the start of the decline amongst everything else wrong with the club.

As for Dyche and his tactics...there was a game plan. It wasn't pretty. But take the arsenal game out of the picture (and Villa) and look at the previous games against teams around us and we've played very well and not got the rewards IMO.

If wed have got wins on the board and the same game happened yesterday, there'd be still people wanting him out because they don't like his "brand".

As for the players...they can't pass to each other. I'm sorry they can't. Technically that midfield is awful. But we haven't passed a ball as a unit since Silva was in charge.

Agree i am not expecting to see amazing football, but not being able to cross the ball or to even simply try and atleast use the wide players to help us have some creative threat. Is no excuse yes the team is poor but so is other teams
The issue I have is there doesn’t seem to be a gameplan

Players can have off days, their crosses go everywhere, they’re tired and slow to react - it’s part of being human.

What I won’t accept, and this was the same with lampard and Fat Kopite Rat, is the complete lack of identity. We get the ball and go back, to watch Pickford hoof it to a lone striker, who is again isolated because the manager wants as many people behind the ball as possible

I don’t think I’ve seen us have any form of play; something that you can clearly see has been worked on in training. It’s like 11 lads randomly put together and told to enjoy the game

That selection of McNeil was shocking yesterday, we might as well of played with 10 men, playing a clearly unfit player was one that stands out for me yesterday, a mid the woeful decisions he made/makes.

Think it was about the approach. They're a decent enough side. Forest played them the other week, stood off them and made them look great. When they went 2-0 down they went for it, scored and arsenal looked all over the place in the last 10 minutes and were clinging on for the draw. We havent really got any other tactic other than having a go, esp at Goodison. We approached the game that killed any chance of Goodison getting rocking. Its limited, but its all we've got.
Fair enough on the approach, though I assumed everyone figured our only realistic tactic against the top teams(with our current defense) is sitting way in and trying to hit the target man to start a counter attack goal.

If wed have got wins on the board and the same game happened yesterday, there'd be still people wanting him out because they don't like his "brand".
We don't have wins on the board, though. We have 1 point from a fixture list that includes Wolves and Fulham at home and newly promoted Sheffield United away.

I hate his brand of football, I admit it, I honestly don't think there is a human alive that enjoys watching it, but if we had 9 points on the board I'd swallow it. We don't though, and after the next three games we have much harder fixtures. We can't just keep not getting points, it's really simple.

Of course. I'm not saying Net spend is the reason, I was point out it was the start of the decline amongst everything else wrong with the club.

As for Dyche and his tactics...there was a game plan. It wasn't pretty. But take the arsenal game out of the picture (and Villa) and look at the previous games against teams around us and we've played very well and not got the rewards IMO.

As for the players...they can't pass to each other. I'm sorry they can't. Technically that midfield is awful. But we haven't passed a ball as a unit since Silva was in charge.
And this is where I disagree. The gameplan against Wolves and Fulham was more huff and puff rather a tactical masterclass; Sheffield Utd was like watching 2 poor teams, apart from a 15 minute spell for us.

And I’m not having anyone tell me that professional footballers can’t pass a ball; they can. The reason it looks like they can’t is because nothing is being worked on for progressive play.

Nobody runs off one another, there’s no little 1-2 moves; it’s all off the cuff because there’s no coaching going on apart from defend deep and hoof it.

players get the ball and need to lookup because there’s nothing, no runners, no routine that they’ve worked on - the entire emphasis of the gameplan is don’t concede