VAR

You can’t possibly be this dense. Let’s agree on this, a VAR decision being correctly made and incorrectly communicated to the referee in a way which results in a legitimate goal being disallowed has never been publicly known. It may have happened and been hushed up (although doubtful). The fact that it has become known is therefore without precedent.

If you're not a kopite, you're certainly their spirit animal.

Decision went against you mate, it happens. Get back on RAWK.

Off Topic
It’s not exactly an unusual thing to say is it? It’s pretty much the exact phrase that reasonably educated people use when talking about something that hasn’t happened before. It’s not like Ich bin ein Berliner or something unique.
Really? So you are suggesting that you are reasonably educated, and others are not?

Don't bother lapsing into German - I speak German, so you won't bamboozle me or most others using a JFK phrase, or others. Verstehen usw?

Really? So you are suggesting that you are reasonably educated, and others are not?

Don't bother lapsing into German - I speak German, so you won't bamboozle me or most others using a JFK phrase, or others. Verstehen usw?
When I get people asking me to provide evidence that something has never happened before and acting like it is some sort of slam dunk argument then yeah, I question their level of education. It’s a basic rule that evidence for a negative statement can’t be provided. I can’t prove unicorns don’t unless I obverse every object in the universe, the burden of proof is always on the person refuting the negation. Read some Hitchen for Christ’s sake.

When I get people asking me to provide evidence that something has never happened before and acting like it is some sort of slam dunk argument then yeah, I question their level of education. It’s a basic rule that evidence for a negative statement can’t be provided. I can’t prove unicorns don’t unless I obverse every object in the universe, the burden of proof is always on the person refuting the negation. Read some Hitchen for Christ’s sake.
The burden of proof is always on the person making an assertion or proposition (I.e. this was unprecedented). Shifting the burden of proof, a special case of argumentum ad ignorantium, is the fallacy of putting the burden of proof on the person who denies or questions the assertion being made.

Have a great day mate.

The burden of proof is always on the person making an assertion or proposition (I.e. this was unprecedented). Shifting the burden of proof, a special case of argumentum ad ignorantium, is the fallacy of putting the burden of proof on the person who denies or questions the assertion being made.

Have a great day mate.
You’re saying it’s not unprecedented. Please provide a precedent. The burden of proof is never on someone denying the existence. If I claim you lack any critical faculties whatsoever it’s up to you to disprove that (I won’t hold my breath), the absence of evidence to the contrary is my only evidence. Have a great day, hopefully you’re not in charge of any heavy machinery.

You’re saying it’s not unprecedented. Please provide a precedent. The burden of proof is never on someone denying the existence. If I claim you lack any critical faculties whatsoever it’s up to you to disprove that (I won’t hold my breath), the absence of evidence to the contrary is my only evidence. Have a great day, hopefully you’re not in charge of any heavy machinery.
No I'm not, I'm saying we don't know if it's unprecedented and you're arguing that it is. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. You have the assertion, you have the burden of proof.

Carry on...

No I'm not, I'm saying we don't know if it's unprecedented and you're arguing that it is. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. You have the assertion, you have the burden of proof.

Carry on...
I said as far as I am aware it is unprecedented (which is true, I am not aware of a precedent and nor are you). I also said the fact that it has become public knowledge is unprecedented (which it is otherwise you would be able to point me to other examples). If you deny either of those statements there’s not much point continuing because we inhabit different realities.

Carry on...
So in the Hitchen example you think it is up to Chris to prove God doesn’t exist? Bless you. Good luck in your life.

I said as far as I am aware it is unprecedented (which is true, I am not aware of a precedent and nor are you). I also said the fact that it has become public knowledge is unprecedented (which it is otherwise you would be able to point me to other examples). If you deny either of those statements there’s not much point continuing because we inhabit different realities.
Which is why I'm saying we don't know...

You can keep trying but you won't get there my mate.