2023/24 Nathan Patterson

I didn't call anyone an idiot.

Are you related to Patterson? Like the other one of here that keeps piping up.?

Surely do you at least accept he's been a massive disappointment so far? Whether you think he has potential or not, his performances thus far have been at least underwhelming?
Wouldnt go far say massive disappointment has looked good at times then had looked awful. Got unlucky with his injury when he was playing well, does need to improve and grab the rb spot for himself this season.

Do "Charlie Sweet" and davek ever reply to one another?

I can't say I've ever seen it but I might have missed it

Possibly that's too far down Norman Bates lane for even davek to wander

If not then it seems like a massive tell that they're one and the same

They share the exact same opinions on Patterson so you'd think they'd occasionally chat to one another about it on here as opposed to just liking each others posts all the time (also a dead giveaway)
They both have the same play when asked a question where the answer would show them up.

Just ignore it repeatedly.

I didn't call anyone an idiot.

Are you related to Patterson? Like the other one of here that keeps piping up.?

Surely do you at least accept he's been a massive disappointment so far? Whether you think he has potential or not, his performances thus far have been at least underwhelming?

If my username was NeymarLionelRonaldo who would I be realted to then?

Are you Charlie Sweet?

https://www.charliesweet.co.uk/

Jesus, it's like no one on a football forum has ever used a username that includes a couple of the teams players before

As for piping up I've had less than half a dozen posts on this thread in the past few weeks whereas you've had about 60 plus the other 60 on your davek account

Last edited:
Defensive stats of the “Worst full back in the league who has no idea how to defend” when compared to all fullbacks across Europes top 5 leagues over the last 365 days:

IMG_2175.jpeg

Defensive stats of the “Worst full back in the league who has no idea how to defend” when compared to all fullbacks across Europes top 5 leagues over the last 365 days:

View attachment 230682
Those stats mean the reverse to what you think they reveal.

The fact he has all those tackles and blocks, for example, is that he's so positionally poor he HAS to make tackles in abundance and last ditch blocks.

We can all see with our own eyes how poor he is. The manager sees it too, which is why he prefers to play an out of form 38 year old LB in that RB berth until Coleman recovers.

When will the dwindling band of apologists accept that he's just not good enough.

I still find it bizarre that people still do that , I think you’ll find that my post is the first one , but nether the less Welcome to the Nathan Patterson thread 😀
The lad has had some terrible injury problems, admittedly. However, he hasn't progressed like I thought he would. Looks like he found his level at Glasgow Rangers, in a tin pot league.

The fact he has all those tackles and blocks, for example, is that he's so positionally poor he HAS to make tackles in abundance and last ditch blocks.

We can all see with our own eyes how poor he is. The manager sees it too, which is why he prefers to play an out of form 38 year old LB in that RB berth until Coleman recovers.

When will the dwindling band of apologists accept that he's just not good enough.
Sure as night follows day, and even after an Everton win, the agenda must roll on.

The manager has a huge blind spot re young, same as he did with Keane and branthwaite - patto will displace both young and Coleman before too long, and if Harrison is playing ahead of him consistently, he will get even better protection and become a better player for it, in a settled side.

The kid will be a more than decent rb for us or whoever he joins after us, no matter how much you kick and scream to the sky that he’s terrible.

I’d argue it’s more because we have had a horrendous set up ahead of him and our midfield get walked through meaning there’s little cover/support. We invite trouble on to us with how we play.

And if he can’t defend, I wouldn’t expect him to be making and winning tackles. Your argument he can’t defend goes against you acknowledging he is making tackles and interceptions.

Still waiting for you to explain what Rangers type of “dodginess” is.

Last edited:
To be fair to Nathan we had a very unsettled period when he was in the team. Not just at the back, but also on the flanks.

Branthwaite coming in has helped Myko no end, as he tends to drift left. While Harrison offers decent work rate covering the line, but also presses in the first phase.

Now McNeill in back i think hed offer more protection to Patterson then we saw earlier in the year and i think JT could come across more like Branthwaite on the left side on the right and be less compact.

Things are more balanced and settled in the line up now.

Last edited:
Sure as night follows day, and even after an Everton win, the agenda must roll on.

The manager has a huge blind spot re young, same as he did with Keane and branthwaite - patto will displace both young and Coleman before too long, and if Harrison is playing ahead of him consistently, he will get even better protection and become a better player for it, in a settled side.

The kid will be a more than decent rb for us or whoever he joins after us, no matter how much you kick and scream to the sky that he’s terrible.

How anyone can believe that after seeing the evidence of two seasons worth of poor quality football I don't know.

You call others out for an agenda, but defending Patterson against the evidence is every bit as agenda-driven.

You and a dwindling band of others are pushing an article of faith rather than sound assessment.

To be fair to Nathan we had a very unsettled period when he was in the team. Not just at the back, but also on the flanks.

Branthwaite coming in has helped Myko no end, as he tends to drift left. While Harrison offers decent work rate covering the line, but also presses in the first phase.

Now McNeill in back i think hed offer more protection to Patterson then we saw earlier in the year and i think JT could come across more like Branthwaite on the left side on the right and be less compact.

Things are more balanced and settled in the line up now.
Exactly, so why risk ballsing it up again to insert a player who's proven calamitous in defence.

People are desperately trying to shoehorn Patterson in when he is quite simply not good enough to play in this league. He doesn't have the intelligence for it.

I’d argue it’s more because we have had a horrendous set up ahead of him and our midfield get walked through meaning there’s little cover/support. We invite trouble on to us with how we play.

And if he can’t defend, I wouldn’t expect him to be making and winning tackles. Your argument he can’t defend goes against you acknowledging he is making tackles and interceptions.

Still waiting for you to explain what Rangers type of “dodginess” is.
Everyone knows the answer to that: they are the closest thing this country has ever had to a fascist sporting club like they had on the continent.

Malidini quote "If I have to make a tackle, then I've already made a mistake"