2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Malidini quote "If I have to make a tackle, then I've already made a mistake"
Maldini is known as one of the best CBs and readers of the game, of all time, and for being an absolute beast when tackling.

So naturally this is a very fair comparison to someone who is neither a CB nor will likely reach the best in the world heights. lol

Don't think Dobbin will ever reach Beckham's levels too - same braindead logic.

What makes it hilarious btw is the fact that Coleman is atrocious but for some reason a saviour or something. He hasn't had legs/pace - his only consistent footballing quality - for a few years and the most recent injury will have knocked most of what's left there away anyway, he can't and was never able to cross consistently and he's only good at defending when we're set up with a deep back 4 and someone basically doubleteaming RB with him, leaving us with half a team anyway.

But it's okay lads, bash the lad, aged 21 (22 in a week btw), because he's not an instant god. Which Coleman also wasn't (and still isn't) but it was okay to give him time, as "60k" and also he's the correct Christianity. Oh yeah also "EXPERIENCE".

We don't deserve good things.

Calling yourself after a player that's barely done a turn for us is a wee bit odd mate. That's all.
You really are a strange little creature, aren’t you sweet nips? I think the excellent explanation by my learned compadre @DualityNSNO has clearly explained your brain dead logic is fundamentally flawed in regards to my choice of username - it has nothing to do with young Patterson.

If you must know, I was called it by mates when I was younger, around the time when the rapper Nate Dogg was doing well with Warren G, and it’s stuck.

Famously Nathan Patterson, who joined us last year (2022 btw) is the only Nathan in the entirety of the UK.

And @NathDogg saw the future by choosing this nickname 2 years earlier too. Oracle.
Not an oracle mate - clearly I’ve got the Delorean parked in the garage and I’m a time traveller.

Euromillions numbers incoming, and I already know patto will be sound for us as well.

Maldini is known as one of the best CBs and readers of the game, of all time, and for being an absolute beast when tackling.

So naturally this is a very fair comparison to someone who is neither a CB nor will likely reach the best in the world heights. lol

What makes it hilarious btw is the fact that Coleman is atrocious but for some reason a saviour or something. He hasn't had legs/pace - his only consistent footballing quality - for a few years and the most recent injury will have knocked most of what's left there away anyway, he can't and was never able to cross consistently and he's only good at defending when we're set up with a deep back 4 and someone basically doubleteaming RB with him, leaving us with half a team anyway.

But it's okay lads, bash the lad, aged 21 (22 in a week btw), because he's not an instant god. Which Coleman also wasn't (and still isn't) but it was okay to give him time, as "60k" and also he's the correct Christianity. Oh yeah also "EXPERIENCE".

Maldini played the majority of his career as a fullback. It was only at the end of his career he moved into the middle of Defence.

You really are a strange little creature, aren’t you sweet nips? I think the excellent explanation by my learned compadre @DualityNSNO has clearly explained your brain dead logic is fundamentally flawed in regards to my choice of username - it has nothing to do with young Patterson.

If you must know, I was called it by mates when I was younger, around the time when the rapper Nate Dogg was doing well with Warren G, and it’s stuck.

Not an oracle mate - clearly I’ve got the Delorean parked in the garage and I’m a time traveller.

Euromillions numbers incoming, and I already know patto will be sound for us as well.

It implies a very close and intimate relationship that's all hun

Don’t bother trying to change the agenda with cold hard facts mate - the die is cast for this lad by a number of blues it seems.

The absolute least of our problems - in fact, with Harrison and McNeil in front of him I think he could be boss.
I also think in the last few games he could have had some assists to go with the one v Sheffield Unt.
I would also like him to have a couple of shots at the goal itself when he bursts into the penalty area especially like on Saturday when we were three goals up, but all in all I think he will turn out to be a good full back for us learning as he goes along.

🤔… Not in the least mate. Sticking purely to that era of Milan if you had said Franco Baresi you would have had a point. Paulo was one of the finest left backs to ever play the game (I think he was predominantly right footed as well). None of the full backs in our squad now or through the history of the club would be fit to lace his boots.
Maldini was magnificent.

Last edited:
🤔… Not in the least mate. Sticking purely to that era of Milan if you had said Franco Baresi you would have had a point. Paulo was one of the finest left backs to ever play the game (I think he was predominantly right footed as well). None of the full backs in our squad now or through the history of the club would be fit to lace his boots.
Maldini was magnificent.

Wrong thread but Leighton Baines and Gary Stevens (at their pomp) were both better than Maldini.

You have to consider that Maldini played for the best team in an ultra defensive league. Of course he looked good.