2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patto played 1000 minutes- 2 assists.

Ashley played 2200 minutes- 0 assists.

Coleman played 664 minutes- 0 assists.

Defensively, all of them were very hit and miss (Coleman more so when he got extended runs). Young to me was by far the worst defender and made the most egregious errors that cost us games. Coleman just couldn’t really string together performances but he had some good moments. Patto just wasn’t favored and couldn’t get consistent gametime despite being the best offensive option by far. None of them were great defensively.

There was obviously tension between Patto and Dyche- maybe Patto is a hothead and got on his bad side. I have no idea. If all of them are inconsistent defensively, it makes no sense not to go with Patto. If that is the case, get that RB in. It is mandatory.
Good post … Not understanding this .. Ideal scenario is he comes good and Coleman / Young and Dixon ( who may come through ) as back up ..Cant deal with the thought of holgate playing right back or anywhere else for that matter this season ..

Patto played 1000 minutes- 2 assists.

Ashley played 2200 minutes- 0 assists.

Coleman played 664 minutes- 0 assists.

Defensively, all of them were very hit and miss (Coleman more so when he got extended runs). Young to me was by far the worst defender and made the most egregious errors that cost us games. Coleman just couldn’t really string together performances but he had some good moments. Patto just wasn’t favored and couldn’t get consistent gametime despite being the best offensive option by far. None of them were great defensively.

There was obviously tension between Patto and Dyche- maybe Patto is a hothead and got on his bad side. I have no idea. If all of them are inconsistent defensively, it makes no sense not to go with Patto. If that is the case, get that RB in. It is mandatory.
Seeing links to a new RB so came in here to see why Patterson couldn’t get a sniff when he was fit.
Lots of he’s rubbish etc but I’m none the wiser what his supposed short coming are.
I have a vague recollection of him being caught out of position one or twice but he’s hardly alone there. My over riding memory’s are he’s good going forwards.
So unless he’s a balloon head and him and Dyche are at loggerheads I’m baffled tbh. And if they were I’d have expected more noise from one camp or the other, not to mention Patterson agitating for a move.

Seeing links to a new RB so came in here to see why Patterson couldn’t get a sniff when he was fit.
Lots of he’s rubbish etc but I’m none the wiser what his supposed short coming are.
I have a vague recollection of him being caught out of position one or twice but he’s hardly alone there. My over riding memory’s are he’s good going forwards.
So unless he’s a balloon head and him and Dyche are at loggerheads I’m baffled tbh. And if they were I’d have expected more noise from one camp or the other, not to mention Patterson agitating for a move.
Dyche likes defenders to defend. He is old school. If we keep a clean sheet we can’t lose (a la Moyes).

Patterson is injured. Sounds like training on own and likely to be available by the end of September (someone said in a different thread). He has been working on his physique by all accounts during the summer. Perhaps this is what Dyche and the coaches are asking of him.

He not given up but will likely be being paid more here than he would elsewhere so needs to try and make it I guess.

Jury is very much out but he is only 22

Patterson has become the proxy for the pro-Dyche/anti-Dyche wars on here. It's boring. Oh, and of course, he's an emblem of one posters sectarian crusade. Which is also boring.

Dyche likes defenders to defend. He is old school. If we keep a clean sheet we can’t lose (a la Moyes).

Patterson is injured. Sounds like training on own and likely to be available by the end of September (someone said in a different thread). He has been working on his physique by all accounts during the summer. Perhaps this is what Dyche and the coaches are asking of him.

He not given up but will likely be being paid more here than he would elsewhere so needs to try and make it I guess.

Jury is very much out but he is only 22
I`m hopping that giving Coleman and Young another 12 months would mean that Patterson could be up to nailing the RB spot when fully fit, and keeping the other two to fill in till then means we have 2 RB that are already settled at the club that can plug the gap. If he could step up and nail that spot we could have a very young and sold back four to build on for the next 5-6 years or more.

I`m hopping that giving Coleman and Young another 12 months would mean that Patterson could be up to nailing the RB spot when fully fit, and keeping the other two to fill in till then means we have 2 RB that are already settled at the club that can plug the gap. If he could step up and nail that spot we could have a very young and sold back four to build on for the next 5-6 years or more.
You're hopping, I'm skipping. Anyone wanna do the jumping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.