Old Everton Pictures

Our first defeat of that season - 2-1 - 6th September 1969; Everton players; Howard Kendall, Gordon West, Brian Labone, Colin Harvey, Sandy Brown and Tommy Wright defending deep against Derby County, at the Baseball Ground. - HK our goal scorer -

1699009809627.png

22nd August 1970; Winger Eddie Gray leaving Everton full back Sandy Brown trailing in his wake, at Elland Road- Sandy would never give up he scored in this game in a 3-2 defeat on our jinxed fixtures in the league at Elland road -

1699010301247.png

6th September 1969; Everton midfielder Colin Harvey playing a deft pass through Derby County wing half Alan Durban, at the Baseball Ground - Alan Durban would much later join HK at Stoke to do his coaching badges - a blessing for us in the 1980s -

1699010471765.png

27th December 1969; Sniffer Allan Clarke closing down Everton centre half and captain Brian Labone, at Elland Road. - no chance - even in pour championship year we got beat 2-1 there on our jinxed ground 2-1 Whittle the scorer for us & Moggsy hit the post in the dying minutes to give us a point -

1699010616826.png

My older brother stated the shock when we ran out at home Vs Inter Milan 1963 no one in the crowd could understand why Inter Milan played in their home kit at Goodison ?
we were all shocked...even more when our goal was disallowed
in the away leg we played again in white in the 1-0 defeat ...
Nope, check your own pics, before now you've posted a picture of Alex Young (iirc, carrying his boots probably due to his well known tender feet) after the 1-0 loss in a blue shirt.

Try googling 'Inter Milan Black and White Stock Photoes & Images - Alamy'
football-european-cup-everton-v-internatizionalein-inter-milan-25-september-1963-2GJ184B.jpg

we were all shocked...even more when our goal was disallowed

Nope, check your own pics, before now you've posted a picture of Alex Young (iirc, carrying his boots probably due to his well known tender feet) after the 1-0 loss in a blue shirt.

Try googling 'Inter Milan Black and White Stock Photoes & Images - Alamy'
View attachment 233772
I've tried googling why we played in white in some of our cup ties at home - I think it was just a whim - Catterick had the day before TBH ...