2023/24 Sean Dyche

Considering where we were 6 weeks ago, that's a good point. Leave it at that and onto the next game.

The bottom 3 are now all at least three wins away from going above us. And thats even if we dont gain another point.
This season hasnt changed for me. Its survival and thats all im arsed about. Just feels like 2 dropped today as it was so late.

I am just home…soaked and miserable.

Appalling from Dyche today IMO.

Just sat back and let them have the ball…they had over 80% possession after about 70 minutes.

A team like ours can’t hold out all day with that relentless pressure.

The equaliser was inevitable and I thought a Brighton winner would follow.

And where the heck were the subs?

Crazy game management.

Style over substance gang creeping in again.

Get Kompany in ffs
Yep.

Unbelievable tbh.

I'm only interested in surviving this season.

I understand people want a better brand of football. But the hipsters amongst them would be the same ones screaming about relegation if we tried it and it backfired...which it WOULD.

I judge Dyche by points secured and our place in the table.

But it is not at all delusional to say that, given that our schedule so far has been just about as close to cream puff as you can get in this league...
This narrative of our 'cream puff set of fixtures' is now incorrect. We've played the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th teams. We've played six matches against current top half and five matches against current bottom half.

When you average out the points of the opponents played and look at every teams set of fixtures, we've had the 7th hardest opening to the season out of the 20 clubs.

Im generally ok with him being here for now, he’s got us fairly well organised and I’m confident he’ll keep us away from danger.

I have major doubts whether he can take us much further than that however . His none use of subs really concerns me, a few players looked knackered today after chasing around for much of the game and he didn’t make a change. He’s been the same in several games but it hasn’t cost us until today. I fear we’ll continue to throw points away if he continues with this approach.

Generally though I think he’s doing ok

When you average out the points of the opponents played and look at every teams set of fixtures, we've had the 7th hardest opening to the season out of the 20 clubs.
My data says otherwise.

premier-league-fixture-difficulty-first-10-matches-1024x658.png

Yep.

Unbelievable tbh.

I'm only interested in surviving this season.

I understand people want a better brand of football. But the hipsters amongst them would be the same ones screaming about relegation if we tried it and it backfired...which it WOULD.

I judge Dyche by points secured and our place in the table.

Clubs on its arse under a possible take over.
2nd lowest spend in the league for years
2 relegation scraps
Selling our most valuable players
FFP tribunal.

Yet free flowing football is what we really want.

Some people have their priorities wrong.

This narrative of our 'cream puff set of fixtures' is now incorrect. We've played the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th teams. We've played six matches against current top half and five matches against current bottom half.

Maybe so, but we also have 1 point from Fulham, Wolves, Luton, and Brighton (having held a long-term lead) at home. Not exactly murderers' row.

Obviously we want to avoid relegation but I don’t think he will get the best out of the players he has available to him. Time will tell. He has some very good footballers in the squad, it seems a waste to not use their talents fully.
And why isn’t he telling Pickford to stop aimlessly kicking the ball back to Brighton, you’re not going to see it again for 5 minutes