2023/24 Sean Dyche

That game was crying out for fresh legs and it's not the only game.

It was crying out for an out ball for the likes of Beto & Danjuma to relieve the pressure.

It's like we don't have a bench.
Pure guesswork that bringing on Beto and Danjuma would've changed anything for the better. Their pressing and defensive work isn't as good as the players they would've been replacing and making the change could've cost us more than not.

Doucoure was out on his feet mate giving silly fouls away.
He could have replaced him and kept the same shape.
Agree with you just dont think danjuma is the right player, would have been great have onana in the team today then i would have bought gana on. We really need another player who can do the doucoure role or another mid so we can see games out. Is the same with the wingers

Style only wins you points, if you have the players you want, Brighton you could say are a flashy side and can play that way. not sure if we are. Points are what we need now. You will get some saying a new boss will do better but havent people said that about each previous boss etc
But dyche will never change that’s my point he didn’t at Burnley in 10yrs. We will be stil having 20% at home v a number of teams, in 2yrs if he last that long, which I doubt he will. Big Sam did his job then was sacked. That should be dyche next summer. Thanks very much for getting us 13/14th there’s the door

So you’re not allowed to make changes when you’re winning. Do pep and Klopp know this. If your one tactic is not trying to conceade, then he’s not likely to make many changes. Burnley fans moaned about his subs for years. But If you’re a manager that wants to go and kill the game, when you’re already in front, then you make changes.
Yes, because that is exactly what I wrote word for word.

Pure guesswork that bringing on Beto and Danjuma would've changed anything for the better. Their pressing and defensive work isn't as good as the players they would've been replacing and making the change could've cost us more than not.
C'mon mate Doucoure & Dom had put everything into that game but both were spent & giving silly fouls away & not holding onto possession. We needed an out ball and fresh pace to give Brighton something to think about.

It needed a change , he didn't & it cost us.

Wow if me auntie had you know what. Ultimately we never win when we concede first and never loose when we score first and this is why. We beat Brentford 1-0 last season when McNeil scored early. Second half Brentford had 80% that is scandalous, yes we won but that is unbelievable Imo

Dyche doesn't believe in substitutes. He said it at the end of last season when the same shouts were being asked about making no subs v Leicester away. His answer was that he's seen the data and subs hardly ever have an impact on any game!

Agree with you just dont think danjuma is the right player, would have been great have onana in the team today then i would have bought gana on. We really need another player who can do the doucoure role or another mid so we can see games out. Is the same with the wingers
Danjuma may not be the answer , maybe put Chermiti on.
Either would have give us more than a knackered Doucoure.

Yes we do need someone to play that role , shame we didn't get Kudus.

I was thinking along the lines of replacing Young with Patterson around the 60 to 65 minute mark then maybe Harrison with Danjuma a bit later on, rather than waiting until the 90th minute to make a change. Mind you, Sean Dyche could've made those early changes and we end up getting beat, then fans would be asking why he made changes when we were winning etc.

This is where good managers show their worth. They make the right changes by anticipating how the game goes and adjusting.

A good manager see what is needed and changes things, because they accept the risk it might go wrong. More often if they make good changes in a game, then you get good results.

Sadly this is why Dyche is not a good manager. We saw today what not anticipating how things are going can do.

Dyche doesn't believe in substitutes. He said it at the end of last season when the same shouts were being asked about making no subs v Leicester away. His answer was that he's seen the data and subs hardly ever have an impact on any game!

Which is fair enough.

There's a lot to be said for balance and not changing things for changes sake.

But him making that change on 90 boiled my piss because he's obviously made it because he thinks it improve us. Why didn't he think that change improved us any earlier than 90?