2023/24 Sean Dyche

Except when the 2 shots on target all game don't magically go in and we lose, then it's not exactly looking very coherent and praise-worthy.

But we can ignore that I guess.
What a mad statement. That’s Michael Owen levels of “the team that scores more goals usually wins the game”.

Yes of course if the shots don’t go in we lose? If Erling Haaland doesn’t get a shot on target for the rest of the season that’ll probably mean he won’t win the golden boot either, is that likely to happen? Do we judge him as a player going off of that assumption?

Again. Mad statement.

I haven't read this thread since the result. I will say that it's genuinely a tough place to go Palace, especially when they have Eze and Olise playing in the match.

Credit to him for 1 win in 6 home games this season too.

We cannot ignore these things for gods sake.

The style obviously works better away from home.

Burnley never tended to win that many games at Turf Moor in all the seasons they stayed up. But they keep on ticking over with away draws and wins here and there and so the formula is now being replicated here.

No it was worrying, but in that run we dominated Fulham and Wolves and we were very good against Brentford. I had feared that wasting those performances at home and not getting results would see heads drop. All credit to the gaffer for keeping them going and getting the results in the end.
This is by far the biggest thing for me. The players respect Dyche. We are still a bit raw at times and unpredictable but I don’t see a team of bottlers anymore. I actually give him more credit that he went through extreme adversity and the players didn’t mutiny. They have his back.

Dyche is what we've needed for a very long time at this club. A no thrills, gets the basics done kinda manager with a simple yet effective plan that only works if given the time to do it. If he can have this team continue like this all season and give me the first purely meh season we've had in years without any true stress then he's done an amazing job.

View attachment 234935

Was that also okay or is it now fully normal and ignorable?

We're on a good run of results currently but this is not a sustainable football/game plan and the 1st part will be back, hopefully no time soon as we need every single point, but it will be as it's Sean Dyche.

I fear we're a Doucoure injury/suspension away from forgetting how to set up a team again.

Didn't have a striker or a fully fit side until Sheff United. Wolves and Fulham we should've got results.

Since then the only blip has been Luton at home.

So getting that out the way....since Wolves
he's lost 3 in 12 in all comps. Winning 7

I haven't read this thread since the result. I will say that it's genuinely a tough place to go Palace, especially when they have Eze and Olise playing in the match.

Palace is one of the toughest away days.

Our supporters were brilliant today, you couldn't hear the Palace ones and they are brilliant on their own patch.

Id love that Eze here, be brilliant for us.