Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Some thoughts from the Palace end;

Dyche has constructed a very fit, fairly disciplined unit with a very sold core. Pickford, Tarkowski / Branthwaite , Doucoure and DCL. The defensive CB pair are particularly strong.
Everton have a very good Plan A but I didn’t see any evidence of anything else. The first half particularly was a long ball into the Palace LB area. The early goal came from this, aided by some keystone cops defending by Palace. After that though, not much.
Everton remind me of Coppell’s 1990/91 Palace, strong and direct with a bit of snide plus three or four who can play. I liked Harrison today ( I say liked, but, you know!)
No comment on either Eze penalty incident, they were down the other end, too far away.
I thought we were the better footballing side and a fat lot of good it did us.
We will both finish in mid table at the end of the season.
Enjoy your evening lids!
We just let teams have possession then hit them on the break. Seems to be working. We're a strong unit but at times appalling going forward. Having said that. We play teams who pass the ball around but create very little against our strong centre backs. Regardless, a great job well done by the blues today. Hope you enjoy regardless mate

If Palace had a striker they'd be a pretty decent team with Eze and Olise fit, the Guehi-Anderson partnership is one of the better CB pairings in the league which is why I'm so pleased we scored 3.
Eze was excellent first half. I was distracted second half so didn't see everything but he's a very good player and understandably cocky with it.

What on earth were Tarks and Pickford doin for their 2nd. Surely Tarks gets a shout to leave it and if he doesn't he should get a shout to play it and if he gets neither he should play it anyway. What a mess. They both owe Gana a bevvy tonight.

Dyches first job was to keep us up. Second was to improve us and under difficult conditions he's done that. A big thumbs up from me. Christ knows what we'll do next summer with all the contracts ending and a potential transfer ban.

BBC report: "The victory is only Everton's second in eight visits to Selhurst Park".

We've won 2, lost 2 and drawn 4.

The outrageous 'kin spin that paedophile organisation puts on our efforts.

BTW, why the 'last 8 visits to Selhurst Park'? I'll tell you why: because if you rounded up to a last 10 list there'd be this Everton...

...Everton 3 wins, 2 losses and 5 draws.

Status
Not open for further replies.