Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC report: "The victory is only Everton's second in eight visits to Selhurst Park".

We've won 2, lost 2 and drawn 4.

The outrageous 'kin spin that paedophile organisation puts on our efforts.

BTW, why the 'last 8 visits to Selhurst Park'? I'll tell you why: because if you rounded up to a last 10 list there'd be this Everton...

...Everton 3 wins, 2 losses and 5 draws.
Dont worry they said we had a rare away win after beating West Ham, our 2nd away win in 3 which obviously is 3 in 4 now lol only lost 3 away prem games in 8months

Some thoughts from the Palace end;

Dyche has constructed a very fit, fairly disciplined unit with a very sold core. Pickford, Tarkowski / Branthwaite , Doucoure and DCL. The defensive CB pair are particularly strong.
Everton have a very good Plan A but I didn’t see any evidence of anything else. The first half particularly was a long ball into the Palace LB area. The early goal came from this, aided by some keystone cops defending by Palace. After that though, not much.
Everton remind me of Coppell’s 1990/91 Palace, strong and direct with a bit of snide plus three or four who can play. I liked Harrison today ( I say liked, but, you know!)
No comment on either Eze penalty incident, they were down the other end, too far away.
I thought we were the better footballing side and a fat lot of good it did us.
We will both finish in mid table at the end of the season.
Enjoy your evening lids!
Zenith data systems final here we come :dance:

...Next year

Inappropriate Language
Seems most of the PL teams have a few good players but lack the depth and continuity to be anything other than fodder.

standard is just much higher now. eveyone in the league has players but the best teams just have a lot more. back when i started watching us if you were [Poor language removed] you were [Poor language removed]. now if you’re [Poor language removed] you still have england’s number one or the likes of zaha, maddison, eze etc

So high up in the table I'm fearing a nose bleed. Remember to put the mask first on yourselves and only after that assist people around you.

MOTM Myko, again. Branthwaite was a bit sluggish today but in the end did ok, despite the peno. Tarky had the first brain freeze of the season. That's about complaining.

Idrissa Gana Gueye... Well, the late great Douglas Adams wrote something about the Infinite Improbability Drive, so watch out for falling sperm whales and bowls of petunias.

A very good three points on the road, I thought, apart from leaving Young on for 15 minutes too long, Dyche managed the game very well. I don't think either Onana or Branthwaite were fully fit, Onana just couldn't get into the game and Branthwaite's blistering pace was not in evidence. I thought Tarkowski, apart from his mix up with Pickford for Palace's second goal, for as very good. My MOTM though was Mykolenko, he was up against it with Ayew and Eze flying at him, but, he stuck to his task and also proved a lot of us wrong in saying he can't attack, he really strikes the ball well on the volley and seems very eager to get himself into the box at any opportunity. He's, in my opinion, the most improved player at the club over the past six weeks or so.

standard is just much higher now. eveyone in the league has players but the best teams just have a lot more. back when i started watching us if you were [Poor language removed] you were [Poor language removed]. now if you’re [Poor language removed] you still have england’s number one or the likes of zaha, maddison, eze etc
Weirdly, the game feels much less enjoyable for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.