2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

I think he is doing a really good job in difficult circumstances.

He’s not bought many duffers and he’s had nothing to spend. Compare his record to the war crimes committed by Brands and Walsh.

Think he has done a good job but do feel he has left us short some windows not sure if that is him or moshiri in the past. Who has forced players on him, we still need cover at lb and we need a rb. Have been happy with the approach of onana garner chermitti ect

Yeah I’d say- I’m happy with the players he’s brought in. Not too many lemons. I’d fault him for the ones he hasn’t brought in - depth at CB and fullback mostly. But given the constraints and the black cloud over the club I think it’s a very good job to date.

Yeah I’d say- I’m happy with the players he’s brought in. Not too many lemons. I’d fault him for the ones he hasn’t brought in - depth at CB and fullback mostly. But given the constraints and the black cloud over the club I think it’s a very good job to date.
Think due to our financial constraints, it was always going to be either light in attack or light in defence. Listening to Kevin podcast the only money we spent this season was a loan fee for danjuma. Hopefully we can navigate the dark clouds this seasons and get to a better financial footing.

Think he has done a good job but do feel he has left us short some windows not sure if that is him or moshiri in the past. Who has forced players on him, we still need cover at lb and we need a rb. Have been happy with the approach of onana garner chermitti ect
I do wonder who carries the can for Dele, looks very much like a Mosh signing prezzy / sweetener for Fwank.
Hopefully Thewell carry’s a live cost calculator with for whenever mosh comes up with another ‘Hollywood’ signing so he can tell him exactly how much dough he’s given to Dele since he signed him, just as a little reminder of how much his folly’s cost.

When everyone is fit we have Mykolenko Young and Coleman Patterson for the full back positions. Whether people think this group is good enough or not there was undoubtedly areas of the team that needed more bodies in position than these ones which had two players for each position. Add in Godfrey who could probably cover both wings as well and it wasn’t that bad. We just need better players but that’s the same in every position and will take time.

I do wonder who carries the can for Dele, looks very much like a Mosh signing prezzy / sweetener for Fwank.
Hopefully Thewell carry’s a live cost calculator with for whenever mosh comes up with another ‘Hollywood’ signing so he can tell him exactly how much dough he’s given to Dele since he signed him, just as a little reminder of how much his folly’s cost.
I always imagine him going to FM meetings wearing heavenly attire, bespectacled, and instead of a harp, a good old abacus.

The Coady admission was a bit shocking that it was a footballing decision, he'd have been a good backup and a clear cert for games with 3 CB, it shows even he has faith in Keane/Godfrey to come through for us.

The Coady admission was a bit shocking that it was a footballing decision, he'd have been a good backup and a clear cert for games with 3 CB, it shows even he has faith in Keane/Godfrey to come through for us.

I just doubt Coady would have agreed to join if he wasn’t guaranteed first team football. He’s said himself he can’t stand not playing. If Thelwell told him the plan was for Trakwoski and Branthwaite to be the first choice pair and he’d already spent last season behind Keane then he probably wouldn’t have even joined if we’d wanted him to.

I’m sure if he was happy to play a squad role we would have picked him up given the price.

I just doubt Coady would have agreed to join if he wasn’t guaranteed first team football. He’s said himself he can’t stand not playing. If Thelwell told him the plan was for Trakwoski and Branthwaite to be the first choice pair and he’d already spent last season behind Keane then he probably wouldn’t have even joined if we’d wanted him to.

I’m sure if he was happy to play a squad role we would have picked him up given the price.

But he’s gone to Leicester where he can’t get a game either.

I don't know, he was known for his prowess in a 3-person defense and was captain material and local lad, too many things to say no to.

But he’s gone to Leicester where he can’t get a game either.

He probably thought he would get a game there, it’s just not turned out that way.

Either way if he’s not playing there then probably a decent idea not to keep him on here. I liked him but that wa so not because he had less mistakes in him than Keane.

When everyone is fit we have Mykolenko Young and Coleman Patterson for the full back positions. Whether people think this group is good enough or not there was undoubtedly areas of the team that needed more bodies in position than these ones which had two players for each position. Add in Godfrey who could probably cover both wings as well and it wasn’t that bad. We just need better players but that’s the same in every position and will take time.
Agree with you why i have said good he has inproved the tesm, i just cant say over that as a still feel team was short. The whole striker situation, even tho it was not fully to blame. Also with how tight thr money is, but hopefully with it getting better we can see more how he wants things and with him finally having control more here

He probably would've stayed at Wolves in the first place if he was happy with that. He definitely wanted to play, even dropping down a league to do it. Gotta respect that, but am pleased we've given Brantwaithe the pathway and he's grabbing his chance with both hands. Tarky always first choice