2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has just let a load of youth players go and sign the likes of Young & Harrison, there is a lad called Mills who plays on the right hand side very good prospect, watch him get released because of the 2 clowns Dyche and Thelwell have signed. it's his job to ensure that the young players stand a chance of coming through to the 1st team, he signs Beto £27 mil and releases Simms £8 mil, the guy is a fraud
I didn't see the point of giving young Lewis Warrington his debut then binning him a couple of weeks later

This is untrue. Almost no club has bought a player for less money than what we have spent that has been an instant goal scoring sensation. (Maybe morris and adebayo at Luton)
Only 25 players scored over 10 goals in the premier league.
These players aren’t easy to find, there is always a risk involved unless you spend £50m.
A lot of the players that scored 10+ goals this season have had unsuccessful season prior…
Solenko, Wissa, mateta and wood for example.
It wouldn't take a goal-scoring sensation to be better value than Beto at £25m.

Even if he just matched the three league goals while being able to control the ball reliably, it would be a major improvement.

Maupay , Beto and ?

I can't see a loan for Beto , he will stay or be sold.
We are not Man City we can't afford the luxury of sending him on loan and then replacing him.
Chermitti, assuming another forward comes in to back up DCL.

He's not going to see much beyond reserve football otherwise, although his wages will be less of a consideration than with Beto or Maupay.

He has just let a load of youth players go and sign the likes of Young & Harrison, there is a lad called Mills who plays on the right hand side very good prospect, watch him get released because of the 2 clowns Dyche and Thelwell have signed. it's his job to ensure that the young players stand a chance of coming through to the 1st team, he signs Beto £27 mil and releases Simms £8 mil, the guy is a fraud
Hands are tied with ffp selling home grown players.
Mills went to Oxford and didn’t churn up trees. There are prospects that leave all the time, not many ever make it back the big leagues.
Like I said previously

Reduced salaries
Profit from transfers dealings
Improve league positions

That is a big win for relegated treated club with no money

Even if he just matched the three league goals while being able to control the ball reliably, it would be a major improvement.

He's not going to see much beyond reserve football otherwise, although his wages will be less of a consideration than with Beto or Maupay.
Who are these strikers? Thinknyoh are describing Che Adam’s?

From his own plan which centred on four "strategic pillars" -
'who we are', 'how we play', 'how we support' and 'staff development'.

I would argue that
Who We Are - relegation fodder for another season is likely because of more points deduction and losing key players.

How We Play - one dimensional direct, defensively slow tactics who relies heavily on set pieces rather than a fluid football.

How We Support - Bleach and Headlocks.

Staff Development - we should have sacked the manager after that run but no board/money to do it so potentially we need to earmark Dyche'd successors incase of the same next season.

For me, I don't think he wants to be here. He isn't doing near enough because of lack of communication even internally. Plus he has no board to speak off and is just seeing out his contract until a takeover then he'll be replaced.

One huge summer ahead and yet again we are checking behind the couch and waiting, while other clubs are getting ready for the window to open.

Did Warrington get binned? Or did Warrington decline to ensure he can go get regular first team football and not be sat waiting for his merseytravel o60s bus pass like the likes of Pennington?

It’s not his job to give chances to middling young talent, no.

Its been made clear that we sold Simms and Cannon because of PSR ?

Hes even said we wanted to keep them.

If DCL had another injury plagued season we would not have any other centre forwards --which is why we signed Beto.

Chermiti was a development signing.

By the end of the season it appeared as though Chermiti had overtaken Beto. I think Beto may be moved on for a small loss.

I would argue that
Who We Are - relegation fodder for another season is likely because of more points deduction and losing key players.

How We Play - one dimensional direct, defensively slow tactics who relies heavily on set pieces rather than a fluid football.

Staff Development - we should have sacked the manager after that run but no board/money to do it so potentially we need to earmark Dyche'd successors incase of the same next season.

For me, I don't think he wants to be here. He isn't doing near enough because of lack of communication even internally. Plus he has no board to speak off and is just seeing out his contract until a takeover then he'll be replaced.

One huge summer ahead and yet again we are checking behind the couch and waiting, while other clubs are getting ready for the window to open.

Were becoming a mid table club. We should have finished 12th.

I suspect we now target 9th- 12th for the coming season.

Style of play is evolving as we have no top quality attacking players.

Kev spent good money on maupay and Beto. In a position where money was tight and we were desperate for goals.

The man has landed on his feet in this job.

Utterly clueless.

I would argue that

Even though he turned it round, we survived, and ultimately finished midtable, you think that he should been sacked.
If anything not sacking him during that period given has been vindicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.