6 + 2 Point Deductions

Not really. Everton started the season in relegation form. Results have picked up but they are now back in the bottom three. They can essentially now not afford anymore periods of poor results if they want to be clear of danger.

Everton had 4 points after 6 games, so you can say that ultimately the last 6 games now count for nothing - they do at least count in terms of confidence, but for all the 'points deduction will galvanise us' shouts, it can also galvanise the teams that now suddenly are going from a 3/4 battle to a 3/5.
We have to play Chelsea twice.
Manchester City twice.
Manchester United twice.
Tottenham Hotspur twice.
Newcastle twice.
Liverpool away
Arsenal away
Brighton away
Villa at home

14 of the 26 games left are against those teams. It’s going to be really, really tough.

I know Luton fight their way up to the PL. Is the last 12 games of theirs representative or not? Don't know. But they've been handed a real boost here.
And you don’t think we have been handed a boost. This will bring every single Everton fan together, and Dyche will have this team fighting till the end. This brings us together in a massive way and Goodison next week will be insane.

Players and supporters will bet together right through more than ever goodison will be rocking until may we will all shove them 10 points up there arses... corrupt premier league mafia

That's fine, but I'll tell you now that Dyche will have consistently aimed at that 40 point mark like Moyes used to. That'll have been the aim this season, definite safety.

Will we need it? Almost certainly not, but that's not the point. You set a target and then when crunch time comes you reassess.

If Everton can get 10 wins then I think they'll be fine. That will mean winning 14 games over the course of the season, of course, which while not impossible has not been the case for Everton in three years.
And I'd also bet that you would reevaluate your target at different points of the season and before today's news we would have been aiming for more then 40.
7/8 more wins and 6/7 draws will suffice. Hopefully more . But once we get one more point then 17th its the same outcome

As I say, I wish I could join in with the fun. But we;ve just been handed a death sentence and I don't really feel like laughing about it.

Maybe you and others are the one's acting oddly? Think about it: your club gets thrown to the bottom of the PL and you think its time for levity.

Sorry, not me. I recognise a disaster when I see one.

When/if Utd beat us at Goodison maybe the penny will drop that we've just been killed off by the PL.
I think you would be best going to bed Dave things mlght look better in the morning with a cup of tea and a sausage sandwich

I hope the banners the lads are doing are shown all around the world.

If they think the scenes made by the fans where we carried the team to safety were something they've seen nothing yet.
Players gonna need some fire in their bellies now , the crowd won't tolerate anything less.

Hope it brings the whole corrupt house crashing down.
IT'S RELIT MY FIRE FOR THE CLUB. I was a bit MEH for the last 2 seasons. FFFF ME ... How that has changed in the last 12 hours. x

Crumbs of comfort for me,

1. It is 10 points, not the 12 we feared.

2. Even with that deduction, we are still not bottom and in fact are effectively, looking at GD, two points from safety.

3. And this can’t be stressed enough, this is the best sesson in PL history for a team to survive this savage sentence.

With Leeds and Leicester back up next season the task might have been impossible.

4. At last this albatross has been removed from our neck and we can look to the future now.

I personally am more than confident we will survive this..

So COYBB.

And UTFT.

We have to play Chelsea twice.
Manchester City twice.
Manchester United twice.
Tottenham Hotspur twice.
Newcastle twice.
Liverpool away
Arsenal away
Brighton away
Villa at home

14 of the 26 games left are against those teams. It’s going to be really, really tough.

I mean it's like forgetting that all other clubs also have those kinds of fixtures.