2023/24 Beto

Love Beto….there is a very good player in there…..

….here you go, Matey;

IMG_4368.jpeg

…I really don’t get these ‘not many minutes’ shouts. What you see is what he is. To think he’s all of a sudden going to become effective is not going to happen.

i’ll predict Okoronkwo will leapfrog the two of them by the end of next season.
So what did you think of Tricky and peter reid in the first half dozen games for us? Not saying he will ever be as good as them but a settling in period is useful. The more minutes they get then the more of a clue we will get if they will make it or not.

….true, he’s certainly much improved.
Can't go writing players off at an early stage, it doesn't look good, but he might click. There's been very uncoordinated, unorthadox players do well in the game, Peter Crouch comes to mind. He looks lost at the moment, and strikers need to have a killer instinct and it appears to not be there with him at the moment, but it might change.

Can't go writing players off at an early stage, it doesn't look good, but he might click. There's been very uncoordinated, unorthadox players do well in the game, Peter Crouch comes to mind. He looks lost at the moment, and strikers need to have a killer instinct and it appears to not be there with him at the moment, but it might change.
TBF he's about what, 3 months in the country?

Let's let the feller find his feet before calling him out as a dud.

Unbelievable the tripe being talked about Beto.

….Crouch was technically very good, when Beto arrived there was a stat saying he was in the bottom 2% range of passers in Europe. I was thinking this when he played a simple 5 yard pass to a Forest player.

TBF he's about what, 3 months in the country?

Let's let the feller find his feet before calling him out as a dud.

Unbelievable the tripe being talked about Beto.
No I 100% agree with you, just because it's not there now doesn't mean it's not in him. The hate on here is akin to what Nathan Patterson gets in his thread...

While I agree you can't write players off so quickly, his movement baffled me today. In fairness I only saw what the television let me, but everything I saw were runs that negated his natural attributes. I would like to see him make runs in front of people. I just didn't think his movement made sense in the situations he was in.

….Crouch was technically very good, when Beto arrived there was a stat saying he was in the bottom 2% range of passers in Europe. I was thinking this when he played a simple 5 yard pass to a Forest player.
He's definitely not a like for like replacement for DCL, and he may be more suited to playing up top with Danjuma, which raises a quandry as A) Dacoure has an impact on games and B) Danjuma hasn't looked very good.

He's with us for the season and maybe longer though and I think Dyche will get more out of him.