6 + 2 Point Deductions

Think Samuel was pointing out that player X was a frozen asset to us.

Couldn’t sell, couldn’t play him so whilst he cost £45m (“an expensive asset by Everton’s standards”), and would have brought in perhaps £20m plus on the transfer market, the Commission chose to debar this as a mitigating factor in the overspend.
What I keep coming back to is that ignoring the whole "we need to buy other players because he was gone" idea (which makes no sense to me in the context of what actually happened in the windows that year), or the lost possibility of selling him, the fact is that the club was ground guilty of overspending by £20m, when the player's transfer amortization plus wages add up to at least £14m (and that's taking a conservative estimate on his wages). So somehow the club got a sporting advantage from the vast majority (if not the entirety) of the amount they've supposedly gone over by being the costs of a player they were not allowed to use. Mind boggling stuff here.

Think Samuel was pointing out that player X was a frozen asset to us.

Couldn’t sell, couldn’t play him so whilst he cost £45m (“an expensive asset by Everton’s standards”), and would have brought in perhaps £20m plus on the transfer market, the Commission chose to debar this as a mitigating factor in the overspend.
Exactly. An injured player still has value or insurance payout.
Player x became worthless when he became under investigation.
How thats a foreseeable event in normal business is beyond me?

It's been pointed out already but, putting aside the ridiculous amount of points, this year was absolutely the best year to get hit with any deduction. The teams at the bottom are beyond bad.

Exactly. An injured player still has value or insurance payout.
Player x became worthless when he became under investigation.
How thats a foreseeable event in normal business is beyond me?
In order to maximise on-field performance, most clubs across Europe will get as close to their relevant limits as possible, provided cash isn’t the issue.

Given we are seeing £100m plus players, if one those becomes ineligible to play due or sell due to entirely non footballing factors, the PL are saying going forward that is now an automatic PSR penalty. Crazy.

In order to maximise on-field performance, most clubs across Europe will get as close to their relevant limits as possible, provided cash isn’t the issue.

Given we are seeing £100m plus players, if one those becomes ineligible to play due or sell due to entirely non footballing factors, the PL are saying going forward that is now an automatic PSR penalty. Crazy.
Just for Everton mate not for anyone else. I bet you when Man City eventually get their hearing then Mendy's case will be treated entirely different to Sigurdsson.

It's been pointed out already but, putting aside the ridiculous amount of points, this year was absolutely the best year to get hit with any deduction. The teams at the bottom are beyond bad.
Still doesn't guarantee anything though. We've seen in recent weeks that every team in the division are capable of coming up with some big results, even Sheff Utd.