6 + 2 Point Deductions

The non corrupt PL table:

1701596727802.png

Every league place is worth 2m in prize money.

We need that to help so if reduction in punishment sends us up five places its 10m quid we get back.
And this is why those 10 points sporting punishment is not only sporting but more importantly financial especially for a team that is going through a difficult time mostly due to the stadium we are building...I have hope that we will get most if not all of those points back which we will need to make sure we stay within the 105 millions loses for this year accounts.

See Samuel’s back on the case again today. About player X this time and how we did the right thing
Quote:
”Yet despite player X being an expensive asset by Everton’s standards, the Premier League commission that looked at their case declared it to be an unexceptional event - ‘the sort that occurs in the management of football clubs where a player’s services and value can be lost for a variety of reasons, most obviously because of injury or loss form’. Nonsense, injures and loss of form are occupational hazards … a police investigation bears no comparison”

I was also surprised to read that 7 out of 20 PL clubs have had players, coaches or executives investigated by the police for sexual offences since 2020. Two active players are under investigation now.

See Samuel’s back on the case again today. About player X this time and how we did the right thing
Quote:
”Yet despite player X being an expensive asset by Everton’s standards, the Premier League commission that looked at their case declared it to be an unexceptional event - ‘the sort that occurs in the management of football clubs where a player’s services and value can be lost for a variety of reasons, most obviously because of injury or loss form’. Nonsense, injures and loss of form are occupational hazards … a police investigation bears no comparison”

I was also surprised to read that 7 out of 20 PL clubs have had players, coaches or executives investigated by the police for sexual offences since 2020. Two active players are under investigation now.
I would think permanent loss due to injury is covered by insurance?
I doubt you could insure against criminal investgations causing such permanent loss.

I would think permanent loss due to injury is covered by insurance?
I doubt you could insure against criminal investgations causing such permanent loss.

Think Samuel was pointing out that player X was a frozen asset to us.

Couldn’t sell, couldn’t play him so whilst he cost £45m (“an expensive asset by Everton’s standards”), and would have brought in perhaps £20m plus on the transfer market, the Commission chose to debar this as a mitigating factor in the overspend.